Elk Rapids Lakeshore Inn(Williamsburg)(Great Value!)
$150
  • Beachfront
Yorkburg Manor(Williamsburg)
$212
$145
HIExpress.com
$120
SleepInn
Cherry Tree Inn & Suites(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
$219
Traverse Bay Inn(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
$104
Hotels.com
Pointes North Beachfront Resort Hotel(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
$174
$149
All reviewsnice casinotraverse cityslot machinescasino floorseasons buffetnice roomcomfortable bedsfront desk staffgrand traversecherry festivalmichiganshuttlesummerwineries
Reviewed May 8, 2013

this hotel would suit people who like to do casino gambling. It is located on a rural highway with nothing else nearby. Food options are limited to a snack bar or 1 restaurant. There is no swimming pool, hot tub or spa. Would not recommend this place for children--nothing to do. there is nothing within walking distance of this hotel.

Room Tip: Upper floors are quiet. No views.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ccmkeri
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Very unfriendly employees, Room was nice but no restaurant or amenity information in the room or in the lobby. Shower pressure was like a trickle.
Sent email to the hotel to tell them of disappointment but no reply!!
We will not return to the hotel at Turtle Creek.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor facing north it has a beautiful view!!!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank paffhausen
Reviewed May 6, 2013

My friend and I headed to Traverse City for a little getaway for some wine tasting, shopping and a visit to the casino. She was able to get a room for $59 with her players card and coupon from Turtle Creek Casino. We checked in around 4:30pm (I believe that it was available to check in at 3, but we didn't get there until later). It was quick and simple.
Parking is strange...there is a very small parking lot on the side of the hotel entrance. If it is full, they tell you that you can park in the driveway in front of the hotel, or you will have to park all the way around on the other side of the casino, and take a shuttle up to the hotel. Thankfully, we were there on a Thursday, so it wasn't busy at all, but even with the few people that were there, the lot was pretty full...You'd think with such a nice new facility, that would have been better thought out...
The rooms and decor were very nice and modern. Adequate in size, standard features with desk/chair, arm chair, standing closet, big screen tv, iron/board, glasses, ice bucket. The bedding was nice, and not too scratchy. The beds were VERY comfortable. Firm enough, but with enough pillow topper to feel plush. I slept great. Probably one of the most comfortable hotel beds that I've ever stayed in. Lots of pillows on each bed, with different levels of firmness and filling. Loved it.
The bathroom decor was nice, with nice toiletries provided. The towels were better than average, and not too hard/scratchy or thin, but are starting to show their wear/age. All of the fixtures are Kohler and very nice. Rainfall showerhead. Only a glass door tiled shower stall, no tub. Looks gorgeous, but as usual, (at least when I've stayed at tile shower hotels), the tile on the floor of the shower felt slimy and slippery. The water is a bit hard and may have some water softener in it or something, but it does leave you feeling slick and kind of soapy. The water does not smell, but does have that hard water feel. The slimy shower however...GROSS! The granite counters had quite a few glass rings that were visible. It was there when we got there, so I'm not sure if they were stained there, or if the counters were not wiped well enough.
The biggest disappointment was that when we called to make reservations, we asked for a non-smoking room and were told that there none left. We were then told that upon check in, if there was one, they would gladly give it to us. Our room ended up being a smoking room. Why, I have no clue, because the hotel was very empty. It didn't really smell when we first entered, and we opened our window when we went down to the casino. The next morning, after being shut all night, it did smell like smoke. My friend and I do smoke, but we do not smoke indoors or in a hotel room, and I hate sleeping in a smoking room. My allergies go nuts.
A room service breakfast is available, but you have to put your order together, and hang it on your door the night before by like 1am. We forgot to do so, but my friend had done it before, and said it was a great breakfast and very affordable.
All in all, the room was very nice, with just a few irks. None of them were dealbreakers for us, and we had fun. The walk from the hotel to the casino was short and easy. (Unlike oftentimes, the rooms at like Little River Casino in Manistee, where you feel like you are walking forever to get to the gaming floor.) Staying here with the coupon was the cheapest rate we could get at almost any hotels, and the amenities were very nice compared to what we probably would have found at another hotel/motel for $59/night.
The casino itself was not busy when we were there, which was great, and it's not too large, so we didn't feel overwhelmed. It's kept very clean and there's always attendants around tidying up. We won some, we lost some, but had a great time. Got something to eat at the deli before heading back up to our room. Good selection of foods and not too pricey. We did not go to any of the other casino restaurants/bars other than the deli.
My suggestion would be to do some gaming at Turtle Creek with your players card one visit, so that you get on their mailing list, and get room offers for a future visit. I think without the coupon we had, if you just made a reservation, it was like $160/night, and that was for a Thursday! I would never pay that rate for this room. It was nice, but I'd prefer a better deal, or even stay elsewhere with more amenities. There is no pool or outdoor area to enjoy, and there is nothing scenic about the room overlooks, no balconies.
I would stay here again, if we had a coupon. If not, I'd look in town for something with a pool or bay view if I was going to pay more. Even those places generally have a shuttle that will take you to the casino if that's where you wanted to go. Nice place though, and I was very pleased with the bed comfort. Check it out if you like gaming. It's a bit of a trip into town or the wineries, shopping and restaurants, (15-30 minutes depending on off season traffic..I'm assuming longer than that in the summer!) so look closer in town if you want to be closer to that. We had a good time. :)

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't face the road. The road noise wasn't horrible, but you could hear it, especially the big trucks going by at night.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Rooms are very nice, with a lighted, magnifying mirror in the room. Clean, spacious rooms. The hotel is connected to the casino, just down a floor is all the activity lights and people. Thurs. night they had a comedy show in the upper bar, and then after they had a DJ with dancing. Met a few wonderful people and had a blast.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Check-in was quick and flawless and the two reservation specialists on duty were courteous and attentive. My husband and I inquired as to if Frybread (a Native American food) was going to be served at any of the dining establishments during our stay and one of the reservation specialists immediately started looking for the answer because she did not know. She was able to obtain the answer within a minute of us asking.

We stayed in room 710, which was a convenient short walk from the elevators. I felt that the room was nicely designed and had a modern decor. Our room came with a balcony, a single-cup coffee maker that served Wolfgang Puck coffee, a blow dryer, a full length mirror, Tarocco brand bath amenities and a face mirror. The distance from our room to the casino floor was also a short walk, so that was pleasant. The bed also came with many pillows of various types like hard and soft, for example.

We decided to eat at Season’s Buffet for dinner. The total cost for two adults came to about $34 with a 10% player’s club card discount. The food was mediocre to above average in quality. For example, we felt the asparagus was a bit under-done while the pecan and pumpkin pies were very delicious. I ordered a local Riesling, which was $6.50 for a 4 ounce serving and my husband ordered an 8 ounce serving of Stella Artois, which was $4.

After a bit of gaming, we decided to end our night at the Level 3 Lounge, which is on the third level of the casino. The staff was very friendly and provided excellent customer service. One example being that I ordered a drink around 8:55 pm and they suggested I wait 5 minutes to get the Ladies Night discount, which was 50% off drinks. I appreciated that. The lounge had a modern design as well and played a DJ mix of 90’s and current music. The upper perimeter of the lounge was lined with TVs that were tuned to various sports channels. In my opinion, I would have rather seen music videos playing rather than watching sports but other people may like that.

Overall, our stay was a very pleasant one and we look forward to staying there again in the future.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple