$219
Yorkburg Manor(Williamsburg)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
All reviewsnice casinotraverse cityslot machinescasino floorseasons buffetnice roomcomfortable bedsfront desk staffgrand traversecherry festivalmichiganshuttlesummerwineries
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Rooms are very nice, with a lighted, magnifying mirror in the room. Clean, spacious rooms. The hotel is connected to the casino, just down a floor is all the activity lights and people. Thurs. night they had a comedy show in the upper bar, and then after they had a DJ with dancing. Met a few wonderful people and had a blast.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Check-in was quick and flawless and the two reservation specialists on duty were courteous and attentive. My husband and I inquired as to if Frybread (a Native American food) was going to be served at any of the dining establishments during our stay and one of the reservation specialists immediately started looking for the answer because she did not know. She was able to obtain the answer within a minute of us asking.

We stayed in room 710, which was a convenient short walk from the elevators. I felt that the room was nicely designed and had a modern decor. Our room came with a balcony, a single-cup coffee maker that served Wolfgang Puck coffee, a blow dryer, a full length mirror, Tarocco brand bath amenities and a face mirror. The distance from our room to the casino floor was also a short walk, so that was pleasant. The bed also came with many pillows of various types like hard and soft, for example.

We decided to eat at Season’s Buffet for dinner. The total cost for two adults came to about $34 with a 10% player’s club card discount. The food was mediocre to above average in quality. For example, we felt the asparagus was a bit under-done while the pecan and pumpkin pies were very delicious. I ordered a local Riesling, which was $6.50 for a 4 ounce serving and my husband ordered an 8 ounce serving of Stella Artois, which was $4.

After a bit of gaming, we decided to end our night at the Level 3 Lounge, which is on the third level of the casino. The staff was very friendly and provided excellent customer service. One example being that I ordered a drink around 8:55 pm and they suggested I wait 5 minutes to get the Ladies Night discount, which was 50% off drinks. I appreciated that. The lounge had a modern design as well and played a DJ mix of 90’s and current music. The upper perimeter of the lounge was lined with TVs that were tuned to various sports channels. In my opinion, I would have rather seen music videos playing rather than watching sports but other people may like that.

Overall, our stay was a very pleasant one and we look forward to staying there again in the future.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lyndsey P
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Really nice for the money if you get the room special. Rooms are well appointed the amenities on the property are nice if you are like the casino type atmosphere, places to eat, to relax, and to enjoy an adult beverage all within an enclosed area. Nice especially in Northern Michigan when the weather is not so pleasant as the peninsula.

Room Tip: Not sure they are any ones with great views as it is a distance from the lake.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lcldnnr
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Hotel is nicely decorated, with large rooms. Staying here is just so much fun, not much of a gambler, but you don't have to be. The atmosphere is so inviting to just have a good time and enjoy whatever you do during your stay. Will diffenitely return. Maybe next time I'll leave with more winnings, naw probably not.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I just left after my 3rd overnight stay at Turtle Creek. I am from the area but our friends and I will often stay here to gamble and drink, and this place is perfect for just that.
Sorry, but you're an idiot if you think you can come to a hotel which allows smoking, hooked to a casino that allows smoking, and your room won't smell like smoke.
That being said, the rooms are always clean (including the bedding!), the beds are wonderfully comfortable, and I feel like you get your moneys worth here. Rooms are good, food is good, drinks are good and gambling is good. Come surround yourself with smoke for a night and enjoy yourself!

Room Tip: Ask for a non smoking room if you don't want a smoky room, but good luck trying to get away from the smokiness throughout the property
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends