We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Williamsburg
Country Hermitage Bed and Breakfast Traverse City
Ranked #1 of 3 Williamsburg B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 27, 2012

My husband and I went up for a weekend during July. We wanted to be able to enjoy Traverse City and still avoid the crowds. This was the perfect spot. We stayed in one of the smaller rooms, but it was still really nice. One of my biggest considerations when staying somewhere is cleanliness and attitude of the people working. The place was spotless and cozy. The entire staff was very helpful and the food was phenomenal. We didn't eat lunch once because we were still full from breakfast. The cherry orchard is beautiful and nice to walk around. I would go back in a heart beat.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank Ange425
There are newer reviews for Country Hermitage Bed and Breakfast Traverse City

Reviewed October 13, 2011

I loved everything about this place. Okay, not everything: the complimentary wine that was served in the evening was pretty mediocre. But I'm kind of a wine snob, so I can be picky. No matter, though. I picked up some of my own wine and thoroughly enjoyed it on the deck watching the stars. Oh yeah! Reeeeaaaaalllly comfy bed! Almost as good as my Tempurpedic.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank JayBeeDubs
Management response:Responded October 22, 2011

Hi JayBeeDub,
Thank you for the kind words and we are really glad you enjoyed the new beds. As for the wine, we try to provide our guests with a tasting selection of locally made wines that are in a moderate price range. Sometimes our guests love the wine and sometimes it gives them an idea of which wines to avoid when they visit the many different wineries in the Grand Traverse area. Sorry they were the latter for you. Thank you for the feedback!
Lisa, Innkeeper

Reviewed October 6, 2011

This was a wonderful place for our 25th anniversary and was the first B&B experience for us. We had planned to stay 2 nights and then go to a hotel, but we loved it so much we stayed a third night! (Got a better rate for being off-season.) The staff was so helpful and accommodating and added special touches to make it a romantic stay for us. They had just the right balance of being available but giving us space. The breakfasts and cookies were delicious. They had lots of info on the area and menus for local restaurants. The historic inn is very clean and tastefully decorated, and the outdoor setting is absolutely beautiful with the orchard and pond and the bay in the distance. It is also convenient to the area attractions. We highly recommend Country Hermitage!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BJT123
Reviewed September 27, 2011

I echo other's sentiments--it was all the little things that certainly made the difference! My husband and I booked a weekend in the Traverse City area for our 15th wedding anniversary. We stayed in the Morrison room--a very comfortable room with bathrobes, fireplace and jetted tub. The bed was incredibly soft. The room and the whole inn were immaculately clean. I also loved that there were several common areas of the inn that were also open for guests to relax. The innkeepers were very focused on making sure we enjoyed our stay--they had a variety of local menus and recommended some great restaurants. The full breakfasts were unique, tasty, and there was plenty of food. I highly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Catherine226
Reviewed August 21, 2011

I'm a business traveler normally, so I'm at the point where I like things to be a certain way when I travel. This trip was a weekend with friends and we booked Country Hermitage at their suggestion, so I was ready to be flexible with my expectations. I have to say, this place exceeded all of them. Trust me when I say, they've thought of everything! I found the owners to be friendly but without smothering me with hospitality. The house was immaculately kept and felt very cozy. In the mornings there is self-serve coffee and tea, and in the afternoons they put out homemade cookies and local wine. A nice touch! Cold drinks, snacks, and a water cooler are available around the clock.
We had a nice corner room on the second floor, which got plenty of natural light. And in the closet, not one but TWO suitcase racks! I can't tell you how many times I've wished hotels would catch on to this. It's a little thing but to me it shows they are thinking of the details.
The bathroom was decently sized, and had lots of shelf space to put out our things. We had plenty of hot water for showers. The bed was kind of soft and you tend to sort of roll to the middle while you sleep, but we slept well enough.
Carl is a master at the art of breakfast... one morning was quiche and the next blueberry-lemon pancakes. The coffee was great too.
The house has a big wraparound deck with lots of chairs, which for me made a nice reading spot. Out back, there is a small fish pond and they even have fishing rods and bait that you can take down there (as did my husband). Next to the pond there is a fire pit which we used later that night to build a fire and roast smores... classic.
Staying here was one of the best parts of our weekend!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2011

We have stayed all over the world and find this B and B to be at the very top..Everyone one there was so wonderful..Anything u ask for was at your finger tips...from where to eat and what to do while visiting..Zach and Jen are wonderful and Carl was amazing to chat with.. The breakfast far exceeded the expectations ...everything from scratch...Blueberry pancakes with a huge ham and a cherry glaze topping..fresh baked peaches and strawberry banana smoothies...That day i joked with Carl that i loved Corn beef hash..well he spent all day cooking the corn beef and baking the potatoes somewhere ...guess what the next morning there was corned beef and potatoes that he had shredded and fried in butter that morning along with a egg soufflé with cherry tomatoes and cheese...also always some kind of fruit baked...i don't know when they do this cause its so quiet there! again all from scratch ...ohhh and Jen made this cheesecake sopapilla for a starter! The house is so beautiful and so clean and soooo quiet...rooms are very comfortable and the grounds are breathtaking..sits on a 400 acre cherry orchard...theres a pond stocked with huge catfish and bass..it was fun to feed them or they have poles to fish..we walked through the orchards and ate cherries off the trees..tart and sweet. This sits about 8 miles from Traverse city and a few miles from elk rapids...we went to antique shops and took a tour of 6 wineries that are within a few miles...we where only staying one night but Carl "talked" us into another! I am already planning another stay in oct. I highly recommend this B and B...don't miss this one for sure. You will not be disappointed .

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank blonde_in_michigan65
Reviewed August 3, 2011

A charming, clean, and friendly bed and breakfast! My husband and I stayed in the Pulcipher room, spacious and with a jacuzzi bath. The innkeepers Lisa and Carl were welcoming and gave us some great ideas for dinner--we chose the Boathouse and had a great meal. The afternoon wine tasting featured the best local Michigan vintages, we had drinks on the deck, and Carl's banana pancakes in the morning were delicious! We enjoyed the warm atmosphere and appreciated how wonderfully clean and well organized everything was. A very happy stay!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williamsburg
Sleep Inn & Suites Acme - Traverse City
Cherry Tree Inn & Suites
Cherry Tree Inn & Suites
#3 of 40 in Traverse City
GrandStay Hotel & Suites Traverse City
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Traverse City
Cambria hotel & suites Traverse City
Holiday Inn Express Acme-Traverse City

Been to Country Hermitage Bed and Breakfast Traverse City? Share your experiences!