“A place to rest your head”

Best Western of Whitmore Lake
Best Western of Whitmore Lake
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Whitmore Lake
Kalamazoo
“A place to rest your head”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Selected this as a place to rest but was surprised at the convienent location as well as the friendlyness of the staff and it does have a nice pool

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
PerryLong, Manager at Best Western of Whitmore Lake, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
It is always gratifying to know that our performance was effective and appreciated. I am grateful you took the time to let us know of your satisfaction.

I am passing on your comments, knowing that it will serve as an inspiration to our staff to continue their efforts.

We appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay with us at the Best Western of Whitmore Lake the next time you are in Whitmore Lake. We look forward to your return.

Terri Gallant
Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Charlevoix, Mi.
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Room is very nice, super clean and well maintained. Very up to date other than the TV. Small property with only 2 floors and no elevator. Right next to the lake and a restaurant. Nice size fridge in cabinet. Lazyboy was super comfortable and nice work area. Highway traffic is noticeable but not bad. I will stay here again when passing through.

• Stayed June 2012
, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western of Whitmore Lake, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
I would like to thank you for staying with us and appreciate you sharing your review with Trip Advisor. We have been busy this year working on updates. We would like everyone to know that we will have all new microwaves and LG flat screen televisions in all the rooms by July 31st.

We appreciate you patronage and look forward to you staying with us again.
Petoskey, Michigan, United States
Reviewed June 25, 2012

This hotel is just like many others on the highway. Its not bad, just not great. The rooms have all old furniture and the ones i have been in have a scent of cigarettes. There is a pool and breakfast. This is not a place to spend a whole week, but a nice place to stop if your on a long drive or just coming back from a U of M game.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
We would like to thank you for sharing your review with Trip Advisor about your stay. We are sorry you didn't notice the new furniture that was less that 30 days old that all the rooms have. We also have new granite vanities in all the rooms which look real nice. By July 31st all our rooms will have new microwaves and LG flat screen televisions.

We would like to thank you for your patronage and hope you will stay with us again
Reviewed April 30, 2012 via mobile

Based on the reviews I had read, I was expecting the worst. My brother rented some rooms for the family to use when we went to a U of M graduation. We wanted to be away from Ann Arbor. My room was fine: amenities typical. It was certainly spacious. Everything seemed very clean. Adequate towels, pillows, and blankets. Breakfast was the usual cereal, breads, waffle maker, and fruit, plus reconstituted scrambled eggs and biscuits and sausage gravy. The worst part of the whole place was also one of its advantages: it's right off the freeway, so it's extremely convenient, but I did hear car and truck noises all night. Also, the room to room sound proofing was non existent: I could tell exactly when my neighbors on either side of me decided to call it a night. So all in all, I'd recommend it as long as you're not looking for anything really high class. It is what it is. Adequate and clean.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Catlover4884
PerryLong, Public Relations Manager at Best Western of Whitmore Lake, responded to this review, May 17, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a response, we value our guests opinions. We take pride in our hotel and do everything we can to make your stay enjoyable.

We have been working on updating our rooms the past few months with new furniture. This week we have completed the installation of all new vanities and sinks.

We appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay with us again.
Desert Hot Springs, California
Reviewed April 25, 2012

I always stay at this hotel when traveling north and south on my annual migrations in spring and fall. The rooms are very well maintained and comfortable, and I like being able to park right outside my door. Great restaurant right across the parking lot. Hotel also has a heated pool. The people who work at both hotel and restaurant are very helpful and pleasant. Good value.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Marilyn H
PerryLong, General Manager at Best Western of Whitmore Lake, responded to this review, April 27, 2012
Dear Marylin,
Thank you for taking the time out of your bussy schedule to write such a complimentary review.

I am passing on your comments, knowing that it will serve as an insperation to our staff to continue their efforts.

We appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay with us at the Best Western of Whitmore Lake the next time you are traveling from Florida and back. We look forward to your return.

Terri Gallant
Northwest Michigan
Reviewed January 24, 2012

Was in the area for my husband's followup appoint after surgery at an area hospital. Had not made reservations as we did not know how far south we were going to get that night.

Motel is easy to see, but the odd driveways can be confusing especially at night. Wanted a jacuzzi room, but motel only has 1 room with jacuzzi tub on the 2nd floor. The motel has no elevators, and my hubby can not walk up and down stairs due to multiple sclerosis (but does NOT require a handicapped accessible room). So...no jacuzzi tub for me after driving over 5 hours! So we take a room on the 1st floor. Staff and I had discussed that we had a mobility scooter that my hubby using for long distance travels that we had to bring into the room.

Once at room, discovered that there is a 3"-4" brick step into the room. The only rooms that do not have this are the handicapped accessible rooms, which we did not require and can actually be a bigger problem to my hubby. So hubby had to pull the scooter into the room while I lifted it over the door step.

After settling in, went to prep chunky soup for hubby to eat (has had a cleft palate repaired and can not eat anything solid yet) to discover that room does not have a microwave. Had planned on using coffee cups to heat the food in right in the room. So now, I have to go use the microwave in the lobby plus find a bowl to heat food in.

Gal at the front desk was VERY VERY accommodating. Provided us with a bowl and was as helpful as possible. Would later find out that she had put the room on either side of us "out of service" for the night so that we would not be disturbed by other guests!! :)

Now that food is taken care of and back in room again, head to use the bathroom. There was a thick, tar-like ring around the top of the water level in the toilet. There were scrub marks visible where someone had tried to clean it off.

Other observations: There was a large black stain on the throw on one of the beds so that it was the very first thing seen when starting towards bed. The furniture had lots of wear marks that could use a touch up to make look better and the fresh paint in the room was sloppy around the edges and on the light switches. This just gave the impression that no one really cared about the property. HOWEVER: This IS NOT the impression given to us by the staff!!! Everyone we can into contact with was very apologetic, but also gave the impression that the "boss" didn't really care.

Would we stay here again.....probably if under different circumstances. This was one of the very few times I didn't research better or have a room reserved ahead of time. As for value, we have paid less for better.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
PerryLong, Manager at Best Western of Whitmore Lake, responded to this review, January 30, 2012
We would like to thank you for your review regarding our hotel. I would like to give an update and let you know we ordered all new dressers, night stands and head boards for all our rooms at the begining of January and expect the shipment soon. We appreciate your business and hope you will stay again with us.
Schertz, Texas
Reviewed January 8, 2012

I stayed here with my family and the rooms were cleaner then expected. the front desk reps were great and friendly. The pool was nice and warm ...though we didn't get time to swim it was nice to see indoor swimming and sauna. The lake is literally across the street, nothing in town in really open late at night...
For in older facility this place isn't bad at all. . . I have stayed at much worse bestwesterns...
I did have a few complaints...
1) The headboard had something sticky and smelly on it
2) The Shower was a little irony/rusty
3) Breakfast was ok.. my biskits were hard and eggs were like rubber,,,but kids enjoyed their cereals and juices,
Compliments...:
1) service was great.. everyone was very friendly,,.
2) access to lame was great

Room Tip: no elevators so you're hoofing it if you don't have a downstairs room.