All reviews white lake nan new owners knotty pine wedding band family reunion great view of the lake michigan
Selected filters
Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

I’ve been eating here during the Summers since I was a child. It’s a classic that has gotten even better in the last few years with the new owners. The salads are my favorite, but you can’t go wrong with anything you order. They have live music some nights that’s amazing. Love their new hostess this year. Servers are all super helpful and friendly. Great view of the lake. Such a warm and welcoming place. You won’t be disappointed.

Date of stay: June 2018
2  Thank tjeatsworld
Reviewed August 31, 2017

Decided to have lunch/brunch on Sunday with my parents. Ate on the patio which was pleasant with a nice view of the lake. My husband & parents decided to get the breakfast buffet even though we viewed it first & everyone agreed it didn't have much on it. Two kinds of potatoes, sausage & bacon, quiche (which was really just baked eggs), toasted English muffins, mixed greens with basic salad fixings & juice & coffee included. We were told it was $12.95 but we were charged $13.95. When the three were done eating they all pretty much said it was overpriced for what you got. The English muffins were very tough. Think they should eliminate the salad & add some specialty breads & fruit, it would make the buffet more attractive. My mom had the key lime pie for dessert & said it was too tart. My dad liked the ice cream cake but said he should have let it soften longer before he ate it. I ordered from the pulled pork sandwich from the lunch menu. It was topped with coleslaw & was delicious. It came with fries & the portions were generous. The server said the pork had just been taken from the smoker. We will probably come back next summer but not for the breakfast!

Date of stay: August 2017
2  Thank gaile1969
Reviewed July 28, 2017 via mobile

I can only say good things about the resort. Beautiful setting, rooms were adequate, food was great, service by employees was tremendous. Our family met here for my parents 60th anniversary and we were shown a wonderful experience. I would recommend Buzz's for anyone!

Reviewed July 25, 2017

We found this place while driving around the Muskegon, Whitehall, Pentwater area last year and decided it was a nice location for a family vacation (us, daughter, son, daughter in law, two grandsons) so we booked cottage 20. Three bedrooms and supposed to sleep 8. Pluses are there was room for everyone, very close to White Lake with easy access to the big lake via a short channel, close proximity to a nice beach, amenities like pool, paddle boards, kayaks, etc. Public boat ramp right there and plenty of space to park your trailered boat if you have one.

Minuses were related to the cottage itself. It needed a number of repairs (faucets falling off in shower, kitchen faucet very loose, screen in sliding door torn out at bottom so couldn't keep skeeters out, etc.). The "master suite" (bedroom with king bed and half bath) appeared to be an add-on. The rest of the cottage had central air but none in the master. Finally, for a cottage that sleeps 8, there was only dining table space for four so we had to request a folding table and chairs.

Overall, it was ok but for the price I think I would look for another place next time in that part of MI.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Hoosier-Ike
Reviewed July 24, 2017

At this point my experience has been very negative in terms of customer service, and standing by commitments. First of all, after booking on Booking.com, they called me to state that it was a mistake, Booking.com did not have access to the room I booked, and was confirmed by Booking.com, but..... if I paid an extra $50.00 or 60.00, I could actually have the room but not for the price it has been confirmed. Given that we had to be in the area for an event, I did not have much choice, but indicated that I would like to talk to the manager. After several phone call, where they basically took no responsibility for any of this, they relented , and they gave me the room for the price it was actually booked.
They called me back today, because they were confused, thinking that I had two rooms reserved, and after we figured that out, I asked them if by any chance they had vacancy for one more night, preceding our planned arrival. It turned out that our very room was available, and, yes I could have it for the same price ! About 5 minutes after I booked it, I got a phone call, informing me that the manager told the receptionist I was working with ( Alisa), that I cannot have the room for the same price, but - you guessed - for another $40-50, I could have the room ! I told them to forget it, because I did not want to give them any more business.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple