“Wonderful”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Whitehall
Toledo, Ohio
“Wonderful”
Reviewed August 10, 2011

The resort is located on beautiful White Lake and very close to beaches on Lake Michigan.
The resort is clean and wsell maintianed with caring staff. They offer a free breakfast.
The restaurant has excellent food and lake perch for evening meals.
My wife and I plan to return in two weeks for a family reunion. We highlty recommend
Lakeside Inn for a summer vacation.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Traverse City
Reviewed August 6, 2011

We love Lakeside Inn! We have been comIng here for 15 years! We request the rooms that join so our families & kids can all be together!
Todd is more than accommodating, he specifically makes sure we have what we need. Jodi his wife, is more than gracious they both treat you like family! The rooms are clean & roomy! A little sofa to relax on & table & chairs to share a snack etc!
The biggest bonus for parents & kids a built in lovely pool & 8 mi bike ride to grand Lake Michigan!
There's a restaurant too with a Great wine list! Keep up the great work - as we continue to make memorable family vacations here!!!

• Stayed July 2011
Sand Lake, Michigan
Reviewed August 6, 2011

I have stayed at Lakeside many times. It takes me to another world. We held our family reunion there and had a great time. We had lots of side trips planned but couldn't bring ourselves to leave the front lawn of Lakeside and talking about old times. This was a perfect place for us. Staff is wonderful. We found our accomodations comfortable. Not the Hilton but that wasn't what we were looking for. We will surely be back to this charming place.

Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
michigan
Reviewed August 6, 2011

We just ate dinner there and the food was really good. I wasn't happy with the cesear salad with the dinner. It was extremely small, had no flavor and the croutons were hard to eat. They were really chewy. I know you don't need a huge salad before dinner, but this was ridiculously small. Maybe a handful of salad thrown on the plate. If the lettuce doesn't cover the bottom of the plate, that's pretty bad. And 3 of us ordered prime rib, which was delish, one of them was more than twice as thick as the other two. You should have all the same size at one table or some people will feel like they got ripped off. The perch is very good also. The service was extremely slow. So don't go there if you are in a hurry. My husband ended up not getting a beer he had ordered. We will go back for sure, but not if we are in a hurry or thirsty!

Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Fishers, IN
Reviewed August 4, 2011

Stayed with my two sisters for a long weekend. Rooms were spacious and clean. There's plenty to do at the resort - swimming, basketball, shuffleboard, fishing.
Continental breakfast is included and is adequate: cold cereal, yogurt, pastries, fruit, juice and coffee. We ate dinner at the restaurant our last night there and the food was absolutely delicious!! The server took very good care of us throughout the meal.
Everyone at Lakeside was friendly and responded to all our questions quickly. I would recommend the resort to anyone who wants to get away from it all to a secluded spot on the lake. There were lots of folks at the resort who had been coming back for many years, actions which speak much louder than any words.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank murnkam
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 1, 2011

I spent many summer vacation here as a child. I have wonderful memories of this place. I wanted to go back some 30 yr later and take a trip down memory lane. I brought a friend with me. Raved about this place all the way there. I suggested she bring her kids back too.

Upon arrival, I found a very welcoming staff. The grounds were still beautiful. The restaurant still delicious!!! The rooms.......terrible. The room was very dated! I am all about the quaintness of this place but for $200/night, I want cleanliness. The airconditioner leaked so the carpeting was soaked and it smelled terrible in our room. We had to wear our shoes in the room because the carpet was squishy. There were extension cords hanging from the TV. We also found some green "stuff" on the drain of the tub. I believe you get what you pay for, so for 200 bucks I had alot more expectations.

I was actually in awe that the owners would even rent this out. They should shut it down and do some much needed renovations.

I will say when I left the staff were very kind and apologetic and compensated me well. They knew and felt bad. The only way I would go back is if they made some changes to make it clean. Please, do some work to this place, so I can come back!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank Chi_Town_ER_Nurse
lakesideinnresort, Owner at Buzz'sLakeside Inn, responded to this review, January 4, 2012
My regrets for not responding to your comments sooner.

I apologize that you did not enjoy your stay at Lakeside Inn Resort this past summer (2011).
I am sure it was even more disappointing when you had such fond memories of your time spent at Lakeside as a child. We cherish that we have been a part of many guests' childhood memories and work hard to preserve the uniqueness our family owned resort has to offer.

I remember the issue you refer to distinctly. It was an unfortunate problem with the air conditioner, which my husband and I both immediately responded to in an attempt to solve the problem. We also made a point not to charge you anything for your stay at Lakeside, showing that it was important that you received good customer service.

Hope you will give us another try again in the future.

Best Regards~
Todd and Jodi Groessl
Canton, Ohio
Reviewed July 6, 2011

We stayed here one night because we were picking our kids up from camp miniwanca. I thought that it would be nicer than it is. It was clean, but it appears that they haven't reinvested money into the old buildings. I think that this place is a poor value and more akin to a cabin than a hotel. We stayed in the lodge. The motel rooms facing the water with a little porch look better. I knew that it would be quaint, but this is just old and tired. I am surprised that they had such a high rating! I am also disappointed that this was the lodging that miniwanca appeared to endorse.

• Stayed July 2011
My apologies for not responding to your post sooner.

Thank you for your feedback. It is valuable to us, as we strive to keep our guests happy.

I am sorry that you were unhappy with your stay at Lakeside Inn Resort. Our family owned resort is over 100 years old. We try our best to keep things updated, while making a point to preserve our quaint atmosphere. Our hope is to provide excellent customer service, a very clean establishment, and a unique vacation destination.

Wishing you all the best in 2012!

Todd and Jodi Groessl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Whitehall
Shoreline Inn & Conference Center, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
#4 of 5 in Whitehall
Holiday Inn Muskegon
Holiday Inn Muskegon
#4 of 12 in Muskegon

Been to Buzz'sLakeside Inn? Share your experiences!