“Good weekend stay!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Americas Best Value Inn - Whitehall
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Whitehall
“Good weekend stay!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on the weekend while in town for a wrestling tournament. The rooms were very nice and clean for the price. You can see the hotel is working hard with the renovations. The young man working at the desk was very accommodating with our requests. I will definitely come back and stay here on my next trip to Whitehall!

• Stayed February 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Familyguy531
AmericasBestVaueInn, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Whitehall, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Familyguy531, Thank you for your recent stay at our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with our hotel. We hold high standards for our hotel in regards to cleanliness and updating our hotel on a regular basis. We have completed many of our renovations and would love to have you come back and stay with us again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Lafayette, Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

I checked in for and was told to they allowed pets. The room was a mess there were stains all over the carpet. I put my dog in bathroom with a portable barrier so he could not go into room. I left and discovered they claimed my dog stained the room. They took all the money in my account via my credit card. There was not any damage done to room. All of their earlier reviews talk are about the cleanliness issues and stains on carpet. The desk personal was quick to show new reviews, a person working there told me that the owners write all the reviews to get them rated as #1 in Whitehall which is absurd just based on common sense. I have hired an attorney to get my money back and he is contacting others who have had similar experiences. This place needs to be shut down. Report this to Better Business Bureau.

Room Tip: Pay cash not a credit card.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Paul B
AmericasBestVaueInn, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Whitehall, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear Paul B, We are sorry that you were displeased with your stay. We are currently renovating the property and all our rooms have new carpet. The stains on the carpet were from the feces and urine left behind from your pet. Upon checking out, we inspected the room, and the room had a fresh odor and spots on the carpet of feces and urine left behind by the pet. Upon your return to the hotel later that night, we did show you the room you stayed in and the feces stains left behind by your dog. The additional charge on your credit card was due to the damage done to the room and a clean up charge.

I would like to inform all future guests that all our carpets are regularly cleaned. We are currently renovating the property with new carpeting, paint, and bedding in all the rooms.

Travelers are raving about these Whitehall hotels

Chicago, IL
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

Tiny rooms, dirty carpet, heater noise so bad you could not sleep as it turned off and on every 5 minutes. Breakfast, if you call three bagels, two muffins and a little dry cereal breakfast it was minimal. We had three rooms, and they were the only three rooms booked for Friday and Saturday night in the place. They will get you what you ask for but you have to ask for everything. There were only two thin (very thin) gray/white bath towels and one wash cloth in the bathroom. When I requested more towels they brought them up immediately. WIth the exception of the old, worn, dirty carpet the room was clean. We had a very very cheap winter (off season) rate. I certainly would never pay full rate for this hotel.

Room Tip: Best room would be in another hotel.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Charleegee
AmericasBestVaueInn, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Whitehall, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you for your visit to the hotel. I do apologize for the condition of the hotel during the time of your stay. The hotel is under a new ownership and management and we are working very hard at renovating our rooms. I do apologize, but the room you stayed in has not yet been renovated. We are currently working on replacing all carpeting and painting the rooms. We hope you will visit us again in the near future to see our updated hotel.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

The staff is friendly, helpful and eager to help you have a relaxing stay. The hotel has been remodeled and tge new rooms are absolutwly beautiful. The hotel in general as well as the rooms are very clean. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is in the area.

• Stayed December 2012
Pinconning, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

What could have been a stressful weekend was made better by the warmhearted staff! While juggling one son getting in a car accident and another getting married, I appreciated the helpfulness of the staff in providing directions and a listening ear! I love the little room off the breakfast area! That is where I spent a few early morning hrs "decompressing" with a good book! Everyone was wonderful and accommodating of my elderly parents, making sure they had a lower level room and allowing them to sit in the breakfast area well past breakfast!
Brandi was great in addressing anything that came up and made us feel very welcome. Wonderful pricing!

Room Tip: Ask for lower level if you don't like stairs!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Robin U
AmericasBestVaueInn, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Whitehall, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Glad your family was able to relax & enjoy some down time before the big day! It was our pleasure having you stay with us. We are looking forward to your return when visiting your family. Thank you for your review, have a wonderful day!
Muskegon, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

we had a whirlpool suite. very good value and very clean. right next door to Mcdonalds and right behind Wesco gas station. Just a few short miles to Michigan Adventure. No frig or microwave in our room but we didn't really need one for I night stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AmericasBestVaueInn, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Whitehall, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you for relaxing with us in one of our jacuzzi suites. I am glad you were able to get away:) For your future visit(s) please let us know if you would like a microwave & refridge, we do have them available upon request. Thank you for taking the time to post a review for our hotel.
Auburn Hills, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

I have been staying at this facility off and on for the last three years when the new owners took over about two years ago I was astounded what good operators they were. Everything improved. Now My route has been changed and i will not be able to see the warm welcoming faces of the staff. Thank you Brandi for making my stays so pleasant. thank you Jon for saving my room when i arrived so late. Thank you Harold for being so jocular You have such a good sense of humour. This hotel has been a bright spot in my northern michigan route.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AmericasBestVaueInn, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Whitehall, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Thank you for your review! I am glad we were able provide you with a room to lay over on your route! I will pass your kind words onto our staff, we will miss seeing you! Please stop in if you are in the area:) Thanks again for your continued business through the years.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Whitehall
Days Inn Whitehall
Holiday Inn Muskegon
Holiday Inn Muskegon
#4 of 12 in Muskegon
Baymont Inn & Suites Muskegon

Been to Americas Best Value Inn - Whitehall? Share your experiences!