“$100+ for a $40 room”

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Whitehall
Michigan
“$100+ for a $40 room”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Ok. I understand that some rooms may be nice, but ours was already remodeled. Run down-
Fridge unplugged and in walkway of the room. Nowhere for it to plug in and not be in the way. Amenities, there are none. It's close to mcd's and a shell, as well as 31. 6 miles from michigans adventure. Location was the only decent thing. Beds were hard and pillows were the worst. It was absolutely worth $40 not the $130 price tag. Go elsewhere. Location is the only thing this place has going for it.

• Stayed June 2012
3 Thank NukedNative
, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Whitehall, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Thank you for the review. However I am not sure you got the right ABVI for review. As we do have newly updated room with new pillows. We are not located by Shell & we are only 6 miles from Michigan Adventures with pricing starting at $89.99 not as high as $130.00.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Dexter, Michigan
Reviewed June 21, 2012

I waqs just looking for a room after a day at Michigan Adventure. We were all tired walked in and Harold was so uplifting he greeted us with a smile. Made checkin easy and painless. Asked if we needed directionrestaurant recommendations or a wakeup call. He just made us feel appreciated and welcome. This made us all feel better. We all Slept great and were surprised with had nice the rooms were. We are coming back in August!

Room Tip: We had a room in the corner by the Hill
2 Thank R T
, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Whitehall, responded to this review, June 24, 2012
Knowing how exhausted a day at Michigan Adventures can be we are happy you could get a good nights rest. Thank you for your positvie review, look forward to seeing you again in August.
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed June 21, 2012

The town was full not a room left when I stopped at this hotel. They had just had a late check out. The desk clerk clean the room for me so I could stay. They did a very good job the room was pretty nice the bed was comfortable and I slept like a rock. The people go out of their way for you and the price was really reasonable.

Room Tip: Rooms toward the hill are quieter.
2 Thank Kip H
Thank you for your kind review! I am happy we had just what you were looking for during your visit.
Port Clinton, Ohio
Reviewed June 14, 2012

I slept great. I am picky and need a good bed to sleep in and they had the perfect one for me.
Harold took me to check them out before we stayed. The first bed was just right(un like goldie locks) The Hotel is reasonably priced and the people are unbelievably accomodating. Very family friendly.

Room Tip: second floor room near the back if one I like
3 Thank Darryl z
AmericasBestVaueInn, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Whitehall, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Thank you for the wonderful review! Glad we had a bed that was just the right fit, looking forward to future stays. Thanks for visiting us.
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed June 14, 2012

This hotel is clean the bed are new and the location perfect.

I had stayed at this exit before but not here. Tried this hotel because my stay at the Ramada was terrible. This place is so much better than its competitors. The staff is very nice especially Harold. He made sure I had the Best room and the quietest. He carried my luggage up for me While I carried my sleeping son to the room. In the morning I saw deer on the hill out back a Doe and two Fawns! It was amazing. I am a customer for life

Room Tip: Rooms towards the north west are quieter
2 Thank Alan L
Thank you for your review! I am happy you had a wonderful stay! Look forward to having you stay when you & your family visit the area again.
Grosse Pointe, Michigan
Reviewed June 1, 2012

This hotel is just right for my needs. Reasonably priced and very comfortable I would recommend it to anyone. Staff goes out of their way to make you comfortable. I'm going to send my daughter here next month keep up good work.

Room Tip: Back side very quiet
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Timothy S
AmericasBestVaueInn, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Whitehall, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Thank you for your response. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. We are looking forward to seeing your daughter next month. Hopefully she will be in time to enjoy our new bedding due to arrive middle of June.
Vestaburg, mi
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Now the girl working there was FANTASTIC, but the entire hotel was not as great. It wasn't terrible, but I would probably look elsewhere, depending on the price. The room was obviously recently updated (new carpet and such) but it was very small and the breakfast was, well.....smaller. There were only two small tables to eat at.....and a very small counter with minimal selection. Don't get me wrong, it was fine for what it was.....but will probably look for a hotel with a little more room. Let me just say one last time, that if we do, in fact, go back.....it will be because of the girl working there....she was so helpful and friendly. She was there when we came in for the night and then back again that Sunday morning! It's people like that who make you want to choose a place you may not have chosen again. Overall, even though it sounds negative, it was not a bad experience. I just noticed the price had gone up quite a bit as well when I went to find a place to stay at again soon. That's too bad....there are hotels as good for a lot less.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Melissa D
Thank you for staying with us. I am glad you recieved excellent service from our front desk clerk. We have opened expanded breakfast seating thank you for your input. Hope to see you return in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Whitehall
Days Inn Whitehall
Holiday Inn Muskegon
#4 of 12 in Muskegon
Shoreline Inn & Conference Center, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Baymont Inn & Suites Muskegon

Been to Americas Best Value Inn - Whitehall? Share your experiences!