“Extremely Great Stay!!!!”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Whitehall
Reviewed October 10, 2011

Stayed over the weekend and was very happy. My family has owned hotels my whole life so trust me, Im very critical. Everything was great, especially the staff. Purchased a gift certificate for a friends wedding and will return myself. Guaranteed.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jodi L
AmericasBestVaueInn, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2012

Thank you for your review. We are pleased you had a great stay. We should have our renovatins done in Spring 2012, please come back & check us out! Thank you for your continued business.

There are newer reviews for Rodeway Inn

Reviewed August 21, 2011

GOOD: The staff was generally friendly and welcoming. They are in process of remodeling the dated areas. The breakfast was quite good. The maid service was generally good. They had a nice 27-inch flat tube TV.

BAD: There was a sour garbage-like smell in the room the first couple days of my stay. There was a heavy smoky smell on the upper floors. The only washer was broken for a few days. The bathroom light is way too dim--cannot see to put on makeup. The bathroom also needs another towel bar by the sink. The worst thing was that the wi-fi signal was very poor in my room. It was very frustrating not to be able to get a constant connection.
I will probably not stay there again, unless I know that some of those things have been fixed.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
Brandy W, Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. We use these comments from our guests to make improvements to our hotel. All of the issues that you have mentioned have been discussed and addressed by our staff. As you mentioned, we are in the process of remodeling the hotel and this should be complete very soon. Please come back and see the improvements we have made.

Reviewed August 19, 2011

The hotel has new owners and you can tell they are working on improvements. The staff members were nice and helpful . The building was a little run down but clean. The price was the best in the area. Would go back.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

We really appreciate you generous comments and are pleased that you were happy with your stay. Our renovations should be completed soon so please come see us again in the future.

Reviewed August 1, 2011

Despite the reviews, I reserved a room because it wsnt a "Super8" anymore it was "America Best Value Inn" & it was close to Michigan Adventure. Well I arrived at the location the 1st thing I noticed was the big SUPER8 sign & the 1st floor or the baseman was DIRTY,dusty, a lot of items piled up on top of eachother like if the place was abandoned. The entrence its in the back of the building when you drive in, its dark & wooded. It desnt have the look of a "Hotel" it was more of a "Motel". I ask the receptionist if I could see the room. the room was so small there was only like at least 2feet between the 2 beds, 2feet to get to the dresser, on top of the dresser was the coffee maker. It had the look of a cheap motel, it smell & it didnt have an elavator so if you have an person in a wheel chair you are outta luck! The room was $120 the night so I refused to stay becuase it wasnt worth the $$. Receptionist told me I had to tell the manager I wasnt staying so I did, the manager asked "so what you think", I replied by stating it was 2much for the quality. He finished by saying " ok,so you are outta here!!" like if he was throwing us out of his "Hotel" very RUDE. I drove farther dwn & stay at a hotel suite for $139. Pay a little more & stay at a REAL Hotel where you know your vehicle is going to be there the nxt morning & not worry bout any bugs on the bed!! Do NOT stay here if you looking for a nice, clean spot 2lay dwn & worth the money....

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank Prieta415

We are very sorry to hear that you were not pleased with your stay. We are in the middle of remodeling the hotel and your money was refunded due to your dissatisfaction. We would like you to know that we do have handicapped rooms available and ramps for anyone in a wheelchair.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Whitehall
Comfort Inn Whitehall
Weathervane Inn
#1 of 2 in Montague
Shoreline Inn & Conference Center, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Red Roof Inn & Suites Muskegon Heights
Red Roof Inn & Suites Muskegon H...
#2 of 2 in Muskegon Heights

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!