“Lovely fixed-up motel with great hosts”
Review of The Maple Tree Inn

The Maple Tree Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Whitehall
The Maple Tree Inn
Ranked #4 of 5 Whitehall B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 1, 2009

My mom, sister and I stayed in Whitehall for a family function taking place in Muskegon. This motel is the older sort where you drive up to the door, and all of the rooms are on one level. It was in an excellent location, right downtown and a couple blocks from the marina. The rooms have been updated and everything was clean, cute, and well-maintained. The hostess(es) were very accomodating -- we had a group of family members assembling from all over the country, and they graciously let us use their great room, which is a lovely room with a fridge, couches, tables, etc., as an impromptu meeting room. This is not super luxurious, but is an excellent example of a basic motel at a fair price.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank Ike09

Reviewed June 15, 2009

Charming town, off the beaten path. I walked to dinner, then cruised this small town on foot. The place was comfortable, the host charming and helpful. Reasonable.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed January 29, 2009

I attended one of the scrapbook retreats this past October which goes from Friday 3:00 PM to Sunday afternoon. Since it was a motel, I wasn't sure what to expect. Oh my gosh! What a darling place! The property was beautiful with a view of the lake from the front yard. The gardens were manicured and lovely. Our room was so personally taken care of and well done...not to mention 'very' clean. Exceptionally clean or brand new...one or the other. The staff, I believe her name was Gwen, was so nice. Felt like I'd known her for years after 10 minutes of visiting. Now onward to the scarpbooking retreat part...the room is 'beautiful'! Like a large Great room in ones home. The fireplace was cozy and kept us toasty. The lighting and atmosphere was just perfect. The food was wonderful, and homemade and we had so much food and snacks, I think I gained 10 pounds those 2 days! We had plenty of scrapping space and the retreat was nothing short of perfect in every way. I got quite a bit acomplished and I was introduced to the Cricket and Expressions Cricket. Gotta have one!

One more thing....the neighborhood and area is so lovely and quaint, I am looking forward to going back with my family this summer. I understand there are plenty of fun things to do in the area, along with a short drive to Lake Michigan. Would love to play on the dunes!

Thank you for a great stay. The hospitality and accomodations coudnt' be beat.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
3  Thank Ceeceesmommy
Reviewed November 6, 2008

I travel for work and like to take occasional breaks from chain hotels - this was a treat! I would still be staying there if i were working in the area and highly recommend this little inn. Gwen is one the the sweetest people you will ever meet and her kids are helpful and very polite. I miss this place now that i am stuck in chain hotels again!!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank carebear1006
Reviewed August 25, 2008

What a gem! This Inn was one of the best things about our trip.
We just needed an inexpensive place to crash after spending all day at a local amusment park. Boy, what a treat! We checked in very late (almost 9:30 pm) and were a litte afraid that our room might not be available. But Gywn the owner had left an envelope with our key taped to the door (whew!). When we got into our very cute room there was a note on the bed. It said that she was sorry she missed us and left a detailed description of the local restaurants. The room had a large mini fridge and a microwave perfect for keeping our snacks from spoiling. The room was very clean and beautiful. In the morning Gywn approached me at the continental breakfast in the great room (also beautiful) and asked me how my trip was. She sat down and joined us at the outdoor tables while we enjoyed breakfast looking at White Lake.
Even my very shy 6 year old warmed right up to her and began jabbering away. If you are looking for the friendlest service ever, do yourself a favor and stop in and meet Gywn. She will make you feel like you have been friends for years.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family