“Something real”

Chindonan Dive Resort
Reviewed June 10, 2013

My second visit, and I still want to come back again. If you are getting tired of the white sand beaches with coconut trees planted in straight rows, this may be the place for you. A down to earth piece of paradise, delightful buffet dinners, the sea teeming with life and accessible, so that even small kids can peer into the clear water and see their favorite Little Nemo tucked into an anemone! Look out for the exotic parrots, Cinnabar doves, Pittas and other birdlife, unusual tropical fruit and other wonders. This was the first time ever to see the so-called 'puzzle-fruit'. My daughter loved the place. Snorkeling was excellent!!

Room Tip: The room at the hilltop is slightly secluded and offers a great view, and it comes with a workout be...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank gert v

Reviewed May 30, 2013

This place just made me forget about any stress I had in my life. The staff, food, scenery, and diving were all amazing. To be honest I didn't know what to think of this place at first because of what I read in The Lonely Planet, it had no "WOW" factor. But when the staff greeted my buddy and I up from Coron we knew we made the right choice. If you're new to diving you'll be in good hands with Ken, great instructor with the energy and passion for diving that really contagious. The wreck diving was unreal, there's something about diving ships from WW2. As for the food, it's top notch. The staff even gave us and upgrade no extra charge, just good people. They also helped up continue our journey by making phone calls for us to the Tao Expedition. Not sure we really had a prayer of getting hooked up with Tao if we didn't have Per working for us. Anyways, great place! If you're looking for a place to just relax this is the place to go. It's paradise!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Greg M
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I have to give this place 5 stars, everything else would be completely wrong!!! I can only quote what everyone else is saying; this place is amazing! Its the closest thing u can get to a deserted Island, away from anything that reminds u off work, responsibility, stress, everyday-life bla bla bla., and gives u the time to focus on relaxing and exploring the incredible scenery around u - not to mention the world beneath the surface. And the best part is, this is not just a resort, but someones home. And u can feel the genuine sincerity of the owners when they're welcoming u into their home, where the atmosphere is relaxing and its perfectly okey to walk around bare-footed and just... be there.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Marjun F
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Had a great 5 day stay at chindanon and me and my boyfriend really enjoyed it.
Great 1 day trips in the area with great snorkeling and beautiful blue beaches and white sand.
The breakfast was good and filling. Dinner was great homecooked food buffet style with fresh fish, chicken and vegetables plus yummy freshly baked cake everyday.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Misswinther
Reviewed May 4, 2013

If you are looking for a place to get away from the hustle bustle of every day life, Chindonan resort is the place to go. We stayed here during Lunar New Year 2013 and were looking for a dive resort in the Philippines that was not over crowded or commercialized. Getting here is not easy - the airline system in Philippines is prehistoric and due to PAL air, we spent 8 hours waiting for our flight to Busuanga. Once you arrive at the tiny Busuanga airport you take truck (hired by the resort) 45 minutes to Coron. The next leg of the journey is a 50 minute local boat ride to the resort. Upon our arrival, we were warmly greeted by the owners Pers and Pers. The resort has a communal open air dining area built over the water. When not diving or snorkeling, we spent most of our time here. The diving was fabulous! Ken (our dive master) was able to time all our Coron wreck dives to avoid other groups. On our last day, we checked a new reef. This was an area with no other divers - we saw a turtle, sting ray, huge coral and lots of other fishes. Back at the resort, we had some great meals and good conversations with Per X2 and the other guests. The rooms are clean and comfortable with views of the sea and surrounding islands. every bungalow has a greatview. Chindonan is: laid back, Eco friendly, great for families, good base for diving the Coron wrecks and snorkeling the house reef. This place is not a party scene with lots of entertainment ala Boracay. The staff were very friendly. My only request for my next visit is better coffee to satisfy my coffee snobbery. Chindonan is a gem that will only get better over time. I am fortunate to be able to say I was here before the rest of the world discovers Chindonan and the WWII wrecks of Coron.

Room Tip: All rooms have a view. There is no A/C yet but the room fan is adequate. We stayed up on the hill an...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank palmgirl7
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Staffs were friendly throughout our stay for 5 nights.
Breakfast and Dinner are provided with decent quality
Great sunbeds are great places to read memorable books..
Cottages are surrounded by enough amount of trees and bushes!

Staffs provide great tours around near islands.. which include snorkeling or diving.
Ship wreck diving and snorkeling in Calumbuyan island would be my never-forgetting memory.

This resort is definitely a place to re-visit.
It's worth spending some additional time from Coron island by boat about 50 minutes... to have unforgettable time around Culion province.

Room Tip: deluxe cottage would be your choice
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank JooYoung1469
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Our initial reason for choosing Chindonan were the diving opportunities but I would recommend Chindonan for anyone looking for a beautiful location with great service, a relaxing atmosphere and as many or as few activities as you wish at a good price.

Chindonan is located in an idyllic setting surrounded by beautiful reefs and islands. From the moment you arrive on the pre-arranged transfer you are warmly greeted by Per, Per, Kenneth and the rest of the Chindonan team. The restaurant and bar are stunning, jutting into the turquoise blue waters and an ideal spot to watch the sun set.

The wreck diving was amazing, a really unique experience and all within a 30-40 minute boat ride from the resort. Kenneth the diver master was superb and tailored the diving and extra activities to our needs and wants. On his suggestion we loved and can definitely recommend Barracuda Lake and the Nitrox course (adds another dimension to the deeper wreck dives).

We stayed in a deluxe room which was more than spacious enough for 3 people and offered uninterrupted views of the stunning vista from the large balcony. There is ample closet space and an adequate bathroom, although could be a bit larger for 3 women to share!

The staff add the extra element to this resort. The boys working on the boats were helpful and exceptionally polite. The girls working in the bar and restaurant are great; friendly and attentive always going out of their way to help. The food was great, well prepared and tasty, the fish dishes were particularly good.

I really enjoyed my time at Chindonan Resort and would recommend it to anyone who wants to relax or explore the stunning Coron area at a reasonable price. I've already started to plan when I can go back....

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank 73beetle
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chindonan Island
Two Seasons Coron Island Resort & Spa
Two Seasons Coron Island Resort ...
#1 of 1 in Bulalacao Island
Sheridan Beach Resort and Spa
Flower Island Resort
Flower Island Resort
#1 of 1 in Taytay

Been to Chindonan Dive Resort? Share your experiences!