“Very interesting”

Treasures of the Earth
Ranked #2 of 2 things to do in Corpach
Reviewed December 20, 2013

This was an unusual venue to visit, on first appearance you think it should really be something at the end of Blackpool Pier, but you are met with a pleasant and happy guide and although some might say dated, the displays are quite incredible. in particular the UV light room. The shop at the end of the tour is full of wonders and you can purchase anything from a single gem stone to jewellery to your own huge display costing many hundreds of pounds. Worth a visit definately.

1  Thank ChrissieM85
"rainy day"
in 26 reviews
"worth a visit"
in 27 reviews
"interesting place to visit"
in 9 reviews
"lots of interesting things"
"great collection"
in 103 reviews
"jewelry"
in 24 reviews

Reviewed December 18, 2013

I visited this museum when I was a young girl of about eleven staying in a holiday cottage with my family. Now I'm a parent myself and as we were staying in the area for a few days I knew I wanted to take my family to this lovely place. The collection is stunning and the large emerald is so beautiful, there's also some fantastic fossils. I advise people to take their time and really relish the intricacy of the gems as some families were just rushing through and I thought it was a shame as the museum is small so can be walked through in minutes but we spent a whole afternoon here! An unusual attraction - I certainly recommend if you're anywhere close by.

1  Thank Carouselbelle
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Great museum well worth a visit, open out of season with lots of great crystals .
The shop is very interesting and good value 10 out of 10. Free parking and near to fort william.

Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

At £4.99 per person the entry fee was a bit steep, but it stopped us from getting any wetter from the storm that hit on Thursday.
We took our time going round the interesting exhibits, and I am sure children would really enjoy it. But as two adults it was not as engrossing as we had hoped, and we had looked at everything in about 30/35 minutes.

See more reviews
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Stunning !!! a great worth while visit was had by my husband and myself !!! a must see !!! staff were very helpful and friendly !!! after the grand, spectactular tour there is a very well stocked gift shop to suit price range of every pocket, full of gems, jewellery etc. loved it !!! the temptation to buy was overwhelming !!! i was more than happy with purchases even persuaded my husband to buy me an early Christmas present of a beautiful blue Topaz ring of which i am so proud of !!! They also have an online shop as well so you can purchase for any special occasion any time of year without travelling there or leaving the comfort of your living room !!! Do not take my word for how great a place it is !!! Go Go yourself/s !!! Aptly named Treasures Of The Earth, so breath-taking !!! Truly a visit to remember !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!