“Good quality for the price.”

Cherrywood Lodge - Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Wetmore
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We had a room in the back building. Updated with fridge, TV and micro.
Unfortunately the bar is only open during "main season" (Winter). Nice Pool! For a Motel for this price and in this area pretty good!

There are newer reviews for Cherrywood Lodge - Econo Lodge Inn & Suites

Reviewed August 25, 2012

I was really worried about staying here by reading some of the reviews, but it was actually a pretty nice motel. I stayed in the older part and even that was still nice looking. The doors were a little swollen so they were hard to open and close. The window also broke immediately after opening since it is an old hotel. I would recommend this motel for the price.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank B1061EWhannahs
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Rented room in the front part of building. When we got inside there was a note that we could not use the water because the well has not passed inspection yet. Told front desk we were leaving they offered us a room in the back part of hotel. That part had it's own well that was approved. Also, the front part had no refrigerator. One desk clerk said thats why the back part cost more. We moved to the back for the same rate. Next time, we will keep going and look for another place.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back part of building.
Reviewed August 18, 2012

The first room had a dirty bathroom from a previous guest. Next room 124 was cleaner except for holes in the wall from pictures, and from someone slamming door knob in wall, weather strip on door coming off. Bottom of entrance door has opening large enough for small rodent or bugs to crawl through. Deadbolt did not work, slept with chair up against door. Window sill has greasy dirt on it. Could not use water because it was contaminated. All this for 90.00 of my money that I work hard for. This was one of the worse EconoLodge stays I have ever had. An old hotel who had a face lift but neglected the inside. Just horrible!
This comment will probably go unnoticed but at least I had my say. We were out of that room as quickly as we were able. Thank you

1  Thank Rita M
Reviewed August 11, 2012

The hallways of this motel show a lot of wear and tear - the carpets are pretty bad - but our two rooms were updated, clean and quite nice. We had a 2-double room in the older building, and a king suite room in the newer building. Both were large, clean, had good beds and nice flat panel TVs. The room was generally quiet, but there was quite a bit of sound from a neighboring room when the shower went on.

The pool was ok, but the "hot" tub was just a "warm tub". The sauna was good. Breakfast was simple but pretty good. Pre-cooked waffles that you warm up in the toaster, but they were very good ones. Also tasty orange bread. WiFi internet service was decent.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

Upon arriving my family of five was excited to check in and head down to the pool. As soon as we entered the motel, I noticed the stagnant odor in the hallway. There was an oversized plaid rug which folded up onto the walls of either side of the hallway. Extremely tacky. Once we entered our room I noticed a thick layer of dust on top of the furniture. I immediately wet down a towel and wiped every piece of furniture down before unloading our things. I didn't want to make a fuss over the dusty furniture because I knew that we were in the U.P. and that I wasn't staying at the Hilton.

We soon headed down to the pool area which was the most disgusting pool/spa that I have ever witnessed. All three of my kids hopped into the water and my husband reluctantly supervised in the water. I refused to take my shoes off because the floor had a layer of gunk and it was evident that the tile had not been clean in weeks. I walked over to check out the pool permit enclosed in a glass case only to find that it had expired 6 months prior to our visit. After a while I convinced my family to get out of the water and we decided to check out the rest of Munising.

A mile up the road we found a beautiful hotel which was fairly new. I really did not want to return to our original hotel and I did not want my kids in the pool anymore. We had two other families meeting up with us and we all decided to switch hotels. The manager came to my door and knocked on it asking what the problem was. I explained that we did not want to stay in an unkept motel. She was extremely rude and questioned me for wiping down the room.

I would strongly advise you to choose the HOTEL up the road. It is well worth the extra $40 a night! Econo Lodge in Wetmore is by far the WORST place motel that I have ever stepped foot in. I hope that management reads the reviews on Trip Advisor and corrects their rooms as well as their pool area.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank BJCRJ
Reviewed July 4, 2012

The Website is the best part of the motel... poorly maintained motel is what you will find upon arriving. All motels in the area will be better choices if in the Munising area.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Jeff P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wetmore
Boarders Inn and Suites by Cobblestone Munising
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Munising
Holiday Inn Express Munising -  Lakeview
Roam Inn
Roam Inn
#2 of 11 in Munising
North Star Hotel – Pictured Rocks
Pictured Rocks Inn & Suites

Been to Cherrywood Lodge - Econo Lodge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!