“pet friendly in Munising”

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Munising
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Wetmore
Reviewed July 26, 2012

This was our first trip with our dog. We stayed for 3 nights. This facility was great for pets. The rooms were big. They gave us a room close to the little grassy area. The hotel was a bit away from town, but that was fine. A quiet area. Easy drive to all U.P. attractions. Newer hotel. The Giant Chairs up front made for a funny photo-op. Breakfast was good. WI-Fi was spotty. Overall good experience. I will always look for an AmericInn now when I travel with my dog.
P.S.-- I always carry an extra sheet to put on the bedding in case my dog jumps on the bed.

Room Tip: Ask for a 1st floor room close to the end if you have a dog.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed July 20, 2012

My husband and I just returned from our first family vacation in the U.P. of Michigan with our two preschool aged children. The last night of our trip I had booked the AmericInn Lodge in Munising because of the pictures I had seen online of their waterslide. I figured it would be the perfect surprise for our children to end the vacation. The pool and waterside did not dissapoint... honestly I was thrilled and so were our kids. The deepest end of the Z shaped pool was 3 1/2 feet where the 100 ft. waterslide was. On the other end of the Z was the cutest frog slide where the little ones could still have the fun of watersliding down his tongue into a foot of water. My swimmer and non-swimmer were both satisfied. As for the rooms, they were spacious, clean and comfortable, rivaling any of the Hilton Family Hotel chain. We had a two room suite that had locking french doors between, at a very affordable rate. They had a telivision in each room and they had the Disney channel, for some much needed quiet time for Mom. The continental breakfast was the best we had on our trip with a large variety of selection and the best coffee this junkie had in the U.P. :) I would recomend this hotel to anyone and we are planning on returning next year.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 17, 2012

We had a great experience in Munising. This was our first time to the U.P. and our stay at the AmericInn was great. The next time we come back we will for sure stay there again. Very clean, boys had fun on the water slide and the breakfast was fresh. Thanks again for making our stay enjoyable.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Everything about this hotel was fine except for the shower. The shower heads had extremely small openings, which combined with high water pressure makes the shower painful to use. The hotel is aware of the problem but management has done nothing about it so far. If you want to stay here I suggest calling ahead and asking if they have new shower heads yet.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 13, 2012 via mobile

Old, rundown and not very clean. This hotel may have been very nice 20 years ago but now it's just a bit too icky. I almost didn't want to get in the pool because I was afraid it would be gross. I would stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed at the AmericInn while staying in Munising. While the room seemed a bit small (no separate chair/couch), the rooms were very clean, and the kids LOVED the pool with the 100ft slide. They made sure to make the Wall of Fame by going down the slide 52 times to get in their mile. The kids also liked sitting out on the giant Adirondack chairs out front of the property. Overall, our stay was very pleasant.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 1, 2012

We had a jacuzzi suite, so we didn't bother with their fun pool with waterslides. They have concrete walls so it was very quiet. We had a great night sleep on their firm mattress. The room was very spacious and clean and the staff was extremely helpful offering us menus of area restaurants and telling us about things to do in the area. They had free coffee in the entrance and offered a free hot breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wetmore
Holiday Inn Express Munising -  Lakeview
White Pine Lodge
White Pine Lodge
#1 of 2 in Christmas
North Star Hotel – Pictured Rocks

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Munising? Share your experiences!