“Almost...”

Sandy Point Beach House
Reserve with OpenTable
Sandy Point Beach House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in West Olive
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Sandy Point Beach House is a casual fine dining restaurant featuring New American cuisine: bringing new culinary trends, fresh seafood, and steaks of the best quality to your plate.
Lexington, Virginia
“Almost...”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

very good, but better than average. (The area is awash with average restaurants.)

My family has been going to Sandy Point forever (we miss the perch baskets), and it was encouraging to see this latest iteration.

As the other reviewers point out, the service can be spotty and the noise level can get excessive.

We went twice, and at least they're giving it a go with some interesting meal choices (I heard the burgers are outstanding and saw one get hauled to the table next to ours) and the new interior is much more inviting and pleasant.

(Note to management: get on the floor and ask for patron feedback!)

I hope they can work out the kinks.
See you all next trip.

Grand Haven, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Roadhouse”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is a new operation in an old facility that's been extensively renovated. Don't mistake this place for the poorly run restaurants that preceded it. The atmosphere and food is very good, with some excellent takeoffs on old favorites. My only complaints have to do with the service staff. On a recent visit when the place was almost empty of customers but well staffed with waiters and host/hostesses, after having a drink at the bar, my party moved over the adjacent table area to eat. After sitting there for over 5 minutes I had to get up and ask the hostess to send us a waiter. On a previous visit, we were seated and our drink orders were quickly taken, but then it took over 5 minutes to get the order. This is the area that they need to sharpen up on.

• Visited July 2013
pgw4
“What happened?”
Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

We were so excited when this restaurant opened this past winter. It started out pretty good but has gotten progressively worse. We brought 4 guests on a Thursday night with reservations. They immediately seated us at a stool table. My guest requested a change due to hearing loss and the noise level at the bar. She was refused even though the restaurant had numerous empty tables. We sat there for ten minutes until we had to go to the hostess to request a waiter. Finally a waiter came mumbling that he didn't know this was his table. Mind you that two young women who worked there just chatted with the hostess the entire evening. Salads were brought before appetizer plates were removed. The same occurred with our entrees. My hanger steak was nearly raw and the French fries were so heavily salted that they were inedible. To top it off the food was cold. The waiter never returned to the table to check if everything was all right. When he brought the check he noticed two of us hadn't eaten our dinners. When we explained why all he said was " damn it!" No offer of apology or explanation. I don't know what was going on that night. We won't be returning.

West Olive, Michigan
“Won't be returning too soon”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

During my recent first dining experience I kept thinking that the atmosphere was missing something. I understand that it's supposed to make me feel like I'm in a beach house but the interior felt cold and uninviting. The window garage door and cement floor were a turn off. The menu choices were expensive and limited and, for not being busy, the service was slow. The fries were cold and my margarita tasted diluted.

• Visited July 2013
Zeeland, Michigan
“Almost there”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We have been back to Sandy Point for 4 dinners this spring, and each of them was very good. The beet salad is excellent and easily split between 2 people and the grilled romaine salad was fun. The house ravioli was perfect. The burgers and fries were a nice option for a traditional meal. The perch could have been hotter. We are excited to see an imaginative chef and a bright and inviting restaurant open for summer 2013. We will be back!

1 Thank Bikeandboard