“A little tired, but okay for one night.”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in West Branch
Port Sanilac, Michigan
“A little tired, but okay for one night.”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

This is an unusual Quality Inn. First, the lobby and hall are a country store, filled with all kinds of touristy souvenirs. Second, they do not offer a free breakfast as do all other Quality Inns I've ever stayed in. Probably because there is a restaurant attached to the hotel. The room was okay. A little stale smelling, and dated. Pricey for what you get. You can walk to the outlet mall.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KathrynSews

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Traverse City
Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

We spent one night. Good bed, thin pillow, thin walls, nice TV. The place is dated but cozy. Upgrades have been made, eg. new curtains, granite in bath, curved shower curtain rack. However there was a real slow drain in the shower (ankle deep water), the shower curtain rack was ready to fall off the wall and there was no bathroom fan.
I did appreciate the coffee in the room. A quick continental b-fast would have been nice at $116 a night.
Overall, not impressive.

• Stayed August 2012
Michigamme, Michigan
Reviewed August 17, 2012

The weekend I was there, there was only one room left out of four hotels due to a little league competition. I had to take it.it was the bridal suite. I was with my ex to attend a wedding. Ughhh. We arrived Friday and checked out Sunday. The price was $345.00. Upon walking in I smiled immediately. To my left there was a beautiful kitchenette done in solid wood, beyond that was the living room with an enormous squishy couch that was perfect for sprawling on. Next to that was a lovely recliner, and again, coffee table, end tables, and tv stand were of solid wood. There was a large flat screen in both the living and bedroom. There was a huge hottub in the bedroom, the king size bed was very comfortable and was wrought iron. Bathroom area had two sinks and the water closet came with a bidet. We were right next to the indoor pool and had no noise issues. We had breakfast at the Lumberjack and were a bit disappointed with the food. It was sub par. The waitress had the personality of a rock. I took a video of the room and will try to post.

• Stayed July 2012
Howell, MI
Reviewed July 26, 2012

You would never know by looking at the outside of this hotel how nice it is. Inside they have a little country store, a great resturant, a gas station connected. The whole hotel is log cabin decor tons of neat little trinkets sprinkled throughout the hotel. They have a nice pool and hot tub and a huge meeting area by the pool for big groups that want to play cards. they have pool tables and video games. We always book the family suite it is a 2 room suite one with king size bed and tv full bathroom for parents and another bedroom with bunk beds futon flat screen tv and a full log dining table. Great for partys and get togethers with a low key atmosphere. Great getaway

Room Tip: Family Suite if traveling with children
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank sunkissedlady
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed July 21, 2012

This is a super nice Motel. Rooms were very clean and beds were comfortable. The only complaint I would have is that our room was next to the pool and it was a little noisy but the pool closes at 10 or 11pm so after that it was quiet. The restaurant food was delicious for dinner and breakfast and the prices were reasonable. It's a great place to buy Michigan souvenirs and there is a little market in the hotel too to stock up on food, alcohol or toiletries you may want or need. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: If you want piece and quiet don't get a room by the pool. Also, no sun comes in your room if you...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 10, 2012 via mobile

Despite what is advertised, this hotel DOES NOT offer a continental breakfast because it has a resturant that serves breakfast. My wife and I decided we would order breakfast from the resturant because it was convienent for us. I ordered the blueberry hot cakes, which were excellent. The menu clealy stated it was all you can eat, but after I finished eating the 3 that were brought out our waitress handed me the bill. When I explained it was all you can eat, she said I was mistaken! I persisted & said the menu clearly said it was. She still thought I was incorrect & said she would show me the menu. After a few minutes she returned & said I was correct without apologizing and brought me 2 more hot cakes per my request. Needless to say her tip reflected her attitude.
The room was clean and set up well. The kingsize bed was comfortable, but the water pressure was poor.
Overall, I would have to say our experience at this hotel, was not satisfactory for the amount we paid.

• Stayed July 2012
Woodstock, Canada
Reviewed June 29, 2012

It's not the Hilton or the Sheraton, but really, in West Branch, who would expect that? The great asset of this property is the friendly and helpful staff of the hotel, restaurant, and gas bar/convenience store (all connected together). My poolside king room was very spacious and had a nice fridge but no microwave, a pity. Everything in the room was very clean and neat. The heavy curtains and windows shut out the noise from the pool area (indoor atrium) when you wanted quiet. My only complaint would be the massive clutter of country artifacts (gift items?) in the lobby and entryway, made it hard to figure out where to go and to get through without knocking something over! Same in Lumber Jack's restaurant, which is a virtual museum of the logging trade that was once so important in the region. Minor detail, otherwise a very good hotel if you don't expect 4-star services or facilities.

Room Tip: Ask for a poolview or poolside room, inside the atrium.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
#1 of 3 in West Branch
No photo provided
In Town Inn
#1 of 2 in Standish

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!