“Horrible tasting Food, desserts and even water!! Worst Ponderosa ever visited!!”

West Branch Ponderosa
Ranked #15 of 42 Restaurants in West Branch
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Buffet
Dining options: Buffet
Reviewed July 19, 2017

My mom and I wanted a nice lunch buffet out. The only thing we could eat was the salad, rolls and pudding. Everything else tasted horrible, they even messed up the brownies, they were dry and crumbly. I am very disappointed, because I have been to Ponderosa's near me and the food has been decent. We will not be back any time soon.

1  Thank Monica H

Reviewed June 21, 2017

Reviews for this place seem to be either all 5 or all 2 with nowhere in between depending on the day of the visit. I really hate to give a two or one if I can help it so I will be generous and give this visit a three. Ponderosa happens to be our family's favorite buffet so we stopped here instead of trying to push on to Gaylord. Price for lunch bufffet was reasonable and we all got water, so no extra drink charge. Found a clean table and the dining room in general seemed to be to be clean with no mounds of dirty dishes on tables or food on the floor. So far, so good. However, the various staff members were constantly carrying on converations and joking with each other across the restaurant and in the kitchen. Distracting, but nothing terrible. Then came the actual buffet. Not good. The famous meatloaf was not sliced all the way through so I wound up with three slices when I tried to pick some up. Again, not a major thing but shows a lack of attention to detail, Salad bar was avarage, soups were good. Macaroni in particular was dried out, empty pans were not replaced. and worst of all there was a less than half full pan of beef tips or something that was cold and actually consisted completely of thin bone pieces. It looked like it was a scrap pan that was returned to the lline instead of emptied in the garbage and run through the dishwasher. Inexcusable and gross. They did bring out another pan when someone else complained but I had lost my appetitie by then.

Reviewed May 29, 2017

We were on our way back home and stopped for breakfast and this time we picked this restaurant. I really liked the buffet style breakfast. It had everything on it and also a lot of fruit. I tasted just about everything on the buffet.

Reviewed March 31, 2017

We had been driving north on I-75 feeling rather hungry as it was just past lunch time, so we stopped in West Branch. We had several choices of fast food restaurants in West Branch but decided on the Ponderosa although we have not previously been impressed with the cleanliness or freshness of their food. How pleasantly surprised we were to find the opposite here. The food bars were freshly stocked with lots of variety, the place was spotless, and the serving staff were pleasant and accommodating. This will now become a regular stopping point whenever we pass through the area.

1  Thank sammymantha
Reviewed March 8, 2017

We always stop here when we are on our way home from up north. It is half way, so it is convenient for us. Love how we can get in, eat, and be on our way. The food is always good, no matter what time we get there.