“Outstanding Gem of a restaurant, with a cozy Up North feel!”

Lumber Jack Food & Spirits
Ranked #1 of 41 Restaurants in West Branch
Cuisines: American
Description: Conveniently located right off I-75 at Exit 212, LumberJack Food & Spirits is a great up-north themed restaurant to sit down for a delicious meal! LumberJack Food & Spirits offers tasty, made-from-scratch cuisine. Sit back and enjoy the up-north theme that reflects our heritage and way of life. Buses and large groups welcome! Adjacent to the Quality Inn Hotel in West Branch Michigan. Telephone 989-343-0892
Reviewed June 8, 2014

We have been to the nearby Tanger Outlets dozens of times and never stopped in here. Then we did an overnight (read my review on adjacent Quality Inn) and stopped here for late dinner.

We were AMAZED! Restaurant is very cozy, comfortable, and has a true Up North feel to it. Staff was all friendly and cheerful. Food was unexpectedly GREAT!

Menu was varied and had some unique and very tempting items. It was a bit late, so we didn't want to eat a full meal. We opted for sharing appetizers.

Roast Beef Quesadilla was excellent and HUGE! Tender shredded pot roasted beef, bits of roasted red peppers, caramelized onions and other good stuff. Served with sour cream and pico on the side. Really great flavor.

Chicken nuggets were large chunks of tender fried real chicken breast, nicely seasoned and serves with "Boom sauce", which is a Chipotle Ranch. Nice sized serving and great flavor.

Fried Pickles were outstanding. Crunchy fried coating, with crispy, dill pickles, and Ranch for dipping.

Prices were very reasonable, especially given the portion size.

Exit 212 is a standard stop for us when heading North on I-75. Fill the tank with gas, grab a snack, or fast food meal, and make a quick stop at the Outlets. Next time, I KNOW we will be planning time to stop for a meal at the Lumber jack!

2  Thank GPTraveller

Reviewed May 17, 2014

It was like ectsasy exploded in my mouth and ran all down my chin! Seriously this place had such good breakfast. It started with the western omelette and even the toast was good! Reminded me of when I was a kid and my mom would dress us up like the Von Trapp children and take us out with "Guitar Steve". Never did like that guy. But honestly, great breakfast

Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

We had a fantastic breakfast here while on the road traveling. The service was top notch. The food was great and the atmosphere was adorable.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

YUMMMMMM. Thats the best way to describe the food. Good portions, tastey, great atmosphere. Will go again!!!

1  Thank Stacey H
Reviewed January 27, 2014

It's a nice place to eat. They have good food. Nothing super special. A little on the pricey side for me. The decor is nice.