“This is one of THOSE reviews!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Stage Deli

Stage Deli
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Stage Deli Fine Foods is a Jewish, New York-style delicatessen serving authentic, handcrafted classics as well as dishes with global flair. Favorites like piled-high corned beef and pastrami sandwiches, matzo ball soup and cheese blintzes share the menu with fresh salads, grilled items and a wide range of specialties from California to the Mediterranean
Odenton, Maryland
“This is one of THOSE reviews!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I went to Stage Deli with my family for Easter. Yes, it was a bit unconventional and I must say, the experience was unconventional as well. Matzo ball soup...yummmy! Everything else I ordered? Boo hoo! The rest of the table had good grub, but mine was not very tasty. I had a burger...perhaps because of one too many Food Network shows I ordered the one with ham, pineapple and a fried egg. I know! Just looking at the description, I'm wondering what the heck was wrong with me. It wasn't good. It wasn't even interesting. My sisters fried chicken livers were the bee's knees! My brother-in-law's Ruben...very tasty. I didn't try my other sister's Chicago style hot dog (I think she and I both have been watching the wrong shows), but my brother claims that his lake perch was good. My sister-in-law had lamb chops and was horrified when the waiter explained that there was no mint jelly! The deserts were very uninspiring. The chicken liver's though! Fab!
The second problem I had was that, while our server was working hard with our large, picky table (which included two toddlers), the other employees were sitting at the table behind us eating! Again, too much Food Network perhaps, but I really don't believe that servers should be eating while there are customers in the dining room...and our server was having a rough time keeping up with things. He was offered no help from other staff members (they were too busy eating) which is a big problem.
For the chicken livers alone I would give them a four, but the other food choices and the service brings me down to a three. Maybe, next time I'm in town I'll give it another try and revise my review.

• Visited March 2013

Detroit, Michigan
“Umm... Disappointed...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

Very disappointed I visited the stage deli prior and everything was excellent, me and my wife told everyone. And we return for the same experience and everything was poor, the service and my waitress was horrible came and took our order, brought and drinks, food,and never returned. We had to ask another waitress to get our waitress for the bill and no we were never given a refill on our drinks and food was mediocre if that. Will have to think twice before I return sorry.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank JaeCowins
Metro Detroit
“Not as good as the one in NYC”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

I love Stage Deli in NYC. This isn't nearly close. Their sandwiches are dry, the bread simply doesn't taste the same. Quality of meats is hit or miss, sides are very average.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank G G
“Over priced, over rated!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

Being a delicatessen in West Bloomfield, I was expecting something special, especially since they charged $15 for a sandwich. The corned beef was full of fat, nothing special with the dressing, just plain salad dressing. Atmosphere tries for fine dining, but weirdly misses and feels like a crowded deli. Will not go back. Way over priced!!

West Bloomfield, Michigan
“Very good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

Just plain good old fashioned deli food like your mother used to make. Great corned beef sandwiches piled high on wonderful rye bread. Try the corned beef hash for breakfast. Can't beat it. Best deli around!

• Visited October 2012