“Not as good as the one in NYC”
Review of Stage Deli

Stage Deli
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Stage Deli Fine Foods is a Jewish, New York-style delicatessen serving authentic, handcrafted classics as well as dishes with global flair. Favorites like piled-high corned beef and pastrami sandwiches, matzo ball soup and cheese blintzes share the menu with fresh salads, grilled items and a wide range of specialties from California to the Mediterranean
Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

I love Stage Deli in NYC. This isn't nearly close. Their sandwiches are dry, the bread simply doesn't taste the same. Quality of meats is hit or miss, sides are very average.

2  Thank G G
There are newer reviews for Stage Deli

Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

Being a delicatessen in West Bloomfield, I was expecting something special, especially since they charged $15 for a sandwich. The corned beef was full of fat, nothing special with the dressing, just plain salad dressing. Atmosphere tries for fine dining, but weirdly misses and feels like a crowded deli. Will not go back. Way over priced!!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

If you want a tender, lean Corned Beef on Rye, head to the Stage Deli. Their Reubens truly are tastier than Juniors off Broadway. Huge, tasty, and nicely presented, we needed no more food all day after our noontime luncheon. The waitstaff were attentive and cheerful, making our hour long drive to a favorite deli an outing to remember.

Reviewed January 28, 2012

Our office has ordered carry-out food from this location several times in the last 4 months. The menu is almost unbelievably wide -- not what I expected from a "deli."

The first two times were ordered from here, I did not care for what I ordered. First was a chicken Ceaser salad, which was of average size, fresh lettuce and nice dressing, but the seasoning on the chicken wasn't to my taste. Next, I tried a French dip sandwich, which again had a seasoning on it that masked the taste of the meat. Also, there was no cheese on this sandwich.

Finally, on the recommendation of a co-worker, I tried the "DIABLO" sandwich. This is a French dip type sandwich with a lot of beef and melted cheese, and jalepenos on it, along with au jus for dipping. Now THIS is an excellent lunch (comes with french fries -- large steak-cut ones) and coleslaw, which is pretty good. I have now ordered it 3-4 times and give this sandwich top marks every time. price is about $11.00

Prices are on the high side; portions ample but not huge.

Reviewed April 18, 2011

The decor is elegant, with music to match. We were disappointed that the food didn't reach that same plateau. We thought the food on both visits was bland, not what you would expect for the price paid. On the first visit, the sandwiches were nicely plated, but lacking in flavor. On the second visit, we had salads that were not only lacking in flavor (sliced beets out of a can???), but were poorly represented on the menu--ingredients listed on the menu were either not present or you had to search to find them. I had a "chopped" salad--I would not have called it chopped as there were hunks of lettuce that were 3 inches long. The turkey in the salad was practically tasteless, the salami used was fatty and hard to chew, the muenster cheese was sliced super thin and stuck together--equally tasteless which is surprising for muenster cheese. To top it off, we had the same waiter both times who seemed surly and acted as if he was doing us a favor by serving us. I doubt we will go back.

1  Thank Veronica S