“super wide menu”
Review of Stage Deli

Stage Deli
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Stage Deli Fine Foods is a Jewish, New York-style delicatessen serving authentic, handcrafted classics as well as dishes with global flair. Favorites like piled-high corned beef and pastrami sandwiches, matzo ball soup and cheese blintzes share the menu with fresh salads, grilled items and a wide range of specialties from California to the Mediterranean
Reviewed January 28, 2012

Our office has ordered carry-out food from this location several times in the last 4 months. The menu is almost unbelievably wide -- not what I expected from a "deli."

The first two times were ordered from here, I did not care for what I ordered. First was a chicken Ceaser salad, which was of average size, fresh lettuce and nice dressing, but the seasoning on the chicken wasn't to my taste. Next, I tried a French dip sandwich, which again had a seasoning on it that masked the taste of the meat. Also, there was no cheese on this sandwich.

Finally, on the recommendation of a co-worker, I tried the "DIABLO" sandwich. This is a French dip type sandwich with a lot of beef and melted cheese, and jalepenos on it, along with au jus for dipping. Now THIS is an excellent lunch (comes with french fries -- large steak-cut ones) and coleslaw, which is pretty good. I have now ordered it 3-4 times and give this sandwich top marks every time. price is about $11.00

Prices are on the high side; portions ample but not huge.

There are newer reviews for Stage Deli

Reviewed April 18, 2011

The decor is elegant, with music to match. We were disappointed that the food didn't reach that same plateau. We thought the food on both visits was bland, not what you would expect for the price paid. On the first visit, the sandwiches were nicely plated, but lacking in flavor. On the second visit, we had salads that were not only lacking in flavor (sliced beets out of a can???), but were poorly represented on the menu--ingredients listed on the menu were either not present or you had to search to find them. I had a "chopped" salad--I would not have called it chopped as there were hunks of lettuce that were 3 inches long. The turkey in the salad was practically tasteless, the salami used was fatty and hard to chew, the muenster cheese was sliced super thin and stuck together--equally tasteless which is surprising for muenster cheese. To top it off, we had the same waiter both times who seemed surly and acted as if he was doing us a favor by serving us. I doubt we will go back.

1  Thank Veronica S
Reviewed January 12, 2011

Though my Husband about choked when the bill arrived, the food and service was outstanding. Not to mention the restaurant itself and beautiful.

I thought we were going to a little strip mall type of Deli, I was very wrong and quite surprised. The Deli is amazingly decorated. All black and white with huge pictures of some of the
old classic actors and singers. I started with the Matzo ball soup. It was served it in a huge
white bowl. Our waitress brought it to the table and poured the hot broth over the matzo
ball and served it. It was perfect. I had the Pastrami and my Husband had a Turkey sandwich. Both looked and tasted FANTASTIC. He had a water and I had a coke.

The bill was 28.00 dollars. That's when I thought he'd choke. To me it was all worth it. I'll be back!

Reviewed September 30, 2010

This is the start of healthy Foods for the Body and Great Taste.

Reviewed January 14, 2010

Somewhat expensive the food looked and tasted pretty good.