“YUMMY”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I loved the whole experience of the Red Coat Tavern! Great Food, Good Beer, wonderful wait staff.

I ordered the Mount Vernon Sandwich and had a cup of the clam chowder, both were excellent.

My husband ordered a Caesar Salad with chicken. He also had the clam chowder.

This is an old favorite of his and I had never been. The place was packed but they got us in very quickly.

If you go order the clam chowder.

There are newer reviews for Red Coat Tavern

Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Best burgers in town! It is nice to sit on the patio and order a burger, fries and a beer. Drink pours are general too. Be prepared to wait if you show up around dinner time.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

When to the Red Coat Tavern with my family and was not sure if we were going to get in. Parking is a challenge and we ended up parking next door at the Firestone store. We were seated right away and the staff was very friendly and professional. The lighting in the restaurant is very dim so the menu was a little hard to read. We had a real variety of meals ranging from Shepherds Pie to steak to burgers and they were all great. They have a very large drink selection and I am sure you will find something of your liking. When the restaurant is full it can get a little loud, but not so much you cannot carry on your own table conversation. Great place, great food, and great service, I would definitely recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Went back to Red Coat for dinner with our 2 grandchildren who are about to enter college. Of the 4 of us, three had burgers and one Macaroni and cheese. The burgers were all different and I had the opportunity to try all three and they were all excellent. I had the Brasserie and thoroughly enjoyed it. The other two were the Red Coat burgers which are always just great. Our granddaughter had the Mac and cheese. I did taste it and it was creamy and very tasty.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I love coming to Red Coat! They have the BEST mac and cheese I have ever eaten. I don't have it anywhere else. Their calamari is also great. It's a little loud, but the food is great and so is the decor! Great for a casual night out.