“Good burger, Great Zip Sauce, Lousy Ambience”
Review of Red Coat Tavern

Red Coat Tavern
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Mainz, Germany
“Good burger, Great Zip Sauce, Lousy Ambience”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Red coat has one of the best burgers I can find in West Bloomfield for sure. I love their zip sauce as well. Some time it s a bits salty but over all tasty !! What could be better is the ambiance - mind it , it not the cheapest burger place. The pricing is in the above average area so the ambiance could be better - Its super loud and not the tables have been not the cleanest. Because they are packed perhaps they don't have time to clean the tables well.. just a swipe :)

Burgers & Steak bites are my favs here.

Food - Very good
Ambience - Meh
Over all - average

Visited November 2012
2 Thank TravelJunkieHP

West Bloomfield, Michigan
“Skip It”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

This restaurant took over a building that housed a restaurant that served lovely, creative food. Now, it is a fried food haven for who knows? Tried the hamburger and even that was disgusting. Would never go again.

Visited April 2012
West Bloomfield, Michigan
“Not as good as its Royal Oak Namesake”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I have eaten at the Royal Oak Red Coat for at least 10 years or more. I now live closer to the West Bloomfield restaurant and this was our second visit. This location is very busy and it shows in the noisy and chaotic atmosphere you encounter. The greeters are not friendly and did not even look up when asking us how many would be joining us. Our table was small and shoved against a pillar; seemed like an afterthought. Though our server had a warm smile, we could barely hear her questions or responses. The restroom was dirty and the restaurant was disordered in general. There were napkins, straw paper and fries on the floor. We understand that this is not a find dining establishment but we were not expecting a diner-type atmosphere. Our food was okay and was not warm. We had to send back our fries that lacked even a bit of warmth. We will continue to drive past this location (5 minutes from our home) on our way to the original and consistent Red Coat Tavern in Royal Oak.

• Visited November 2012
WALLED LAKE
“dark and over-priced”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

The last time I visited this location it was called Zinc. I thought it was way too dark & noisy. But having fond memories of the Red Coat Tavern in Royal Oak and being in the mood for a burger, I met a friend there for lunch. The lighting was so poor that my friend had to walk over to the window in order to read the menu. The server was very friendly and efficient. However that couldn't make up for the overpriced menu items. That simple burger, served with lettuce, tomato, "special" sauce (which is quite tasty) and a pickle is $7.25. If you choose the healthier Piedmontese burger there is a $2 upcharge. $7 for a burger and a pickle??? We would have had to pay an additional $3 for an order of fries. Our bill for 2 burgers & 2 soft drinks including tip & tax was $18. That's absurd & unless I'm eating Kobe beef, totally not worth it. I see no reason to return & no reason to recommend this restaurant.

• Visited October 2012
Southfield, Michigan
“Great Burger Unfriendly Server”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

The server came to the table and asked if we needed a few minutes to order. No "Hi my name is...." or "Welcome to Red Coat Tavern". No greeting at all. He did not ask about drinks. When he came back to take our order he asked about drinks and took our food order. During the meal he sometimes came to the table refilled drinks and never said a word. One of the oddest experiences I have had with a server. It really diminishes the whole dining experience.

• Visited October 2012