“Good food & service but needs maintenance.”
Review of Red Coat Tavern

Red Coat Tavern
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We had a great meal at a reasonable price and our server was attentive. However he recommended we get the burgers cut in half because they are so big it would make them easier to eat. We thanked him and asked him to do so. The arrived uncut. Not a big deal but it was his suggestion!
The tables are worn and the finish is peeling off. The restrooms were filthy, the worst I've seen in years. I didn't want to touch anything and they looked as if they hadn't been cleaned in days.
The room was dark but unlike other reviewers I actually liked the dim lighting.

There are newer reviews for Red Coat Tavern

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Went to Redcoat Tavern on Saturday night 8/18 and found the establishment to be very dirty....especially the restrooms.
In my humble opinion... the restrooms of a restaurant say alot about the priority the management places on cleanliness.
I, for one, like to feel that the places I choose to eat and clean and abide by health and cleanliness standards.
In addition the restaurant is very dark and some of the tables are placed haphazardly behind a large structure is in the middle of the dining room.
I will say the server we had was very good.

1  Thank Deb J
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Stopped by this restaurant and ordered the burger. It was an excellent burger. It was large and cooked to my preference.
The restaurant could use slightly stronger lighting. A little too dark for me, but the food was good.

Reviewed April 24, 2012

The over-size hamburger is the same juicy burger that has been served for years at their Royal Oak location. I like mine with burnt onions and zip sauce but you can choose from a long list of condiments. The burger is the best in the area but I rate the restaurant only average because of the noise level and service that is inconsistent at best.

Reviewed April 16, 2012

I prefer Matt Brady's. Redcoat is very dark - I like to see my food - and loud - more of a meat market after theater than a quiet plea to have a bite to eat and talk about the show.