“Not what we expected”

Cuisines: Eastern European, Central European
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 31, 2012

The food was good but overpriced.The ambiance was pretty much not anything special.We went for our anniversary and were back on our way home in an hour.Just felt like everything was rushed .Not even halfway done with the soup,salad and the entree was brought out.Guess I expected something with more of an ethnic feel.

2  Thank maryemc1014

Reviewed August 17, 2012

My wife and I were escorted to our table and then ignored for about twenty minutes. Perhaps the restaurant didn't like us for using a Groupon coupon. During this time, my wife walked around the restaurant, picked up reading material, and showed signs of obvious distress. The waiter ignored these signals. We wanted to order drinks, but no one asked us. During this time, the waiter waited on other groups. My wife liked the food better than I did. I ordered the signature entree--lamb chops. Two provided scarcely enough to eat and were quite fatty. Her chicken dish was much more generous. Such obviously bad service made this the worst restaurant experience that I've had in a long time. If the restaurant intended the Groupon coupon to build their customer base, it failed miserably.

3  Thank Robert H
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Excellent Russian food, lots of coupons and deals. Pretend you're on a trip east.

1  Thank anitaowl
Reviewed March 22, 2012

The Fiddler is under new ownership, and the food remains very good. The crowd was very sparse for a Friday, but those who weren't there were missing some of the best eastern European food in Southeast Michigan.
Our meal began with tasty cups of red borscht, perfectly done and accompanied by a side of sour cream to dollop into the soup to give it a tangy sweet-sour taste. Dumplings followed. We chose from a large menu that included dishes from Ukraine, which used to be part of the old Soviet Union, as well as Russia. It included entrees of beef and lamb and traditional pelimini the national dish of Siberia. Accompany it with a glass of wine from Georgia, another old Soviet state, now independent, or great beer from St. Petersburg, and you've just taken a whirlwind tour of this region of the world by mouth. We'll be back. Dinner is accompanied by Russian music.

Reviewed January 4, 2012

You know an ethnic food is good when most of the customers are of that ethnicity.