“Dim sum”

Dining options: Reservations
Michigan, USA
“Dim sum”
Reviewed December 22, 2011

One of the few places to get Dim Sum around here. It's very good!

• Korean first
West Bloomfield, Michigan
“Not a good experience at Shangri-la Restaurant”
Reviewed November 29, 2011

I visited Shangri -la with my family for dinner. Food was very average , ordered sweet and sour chicken , mongolian chicken and vegeterian tofu dish with veggies. The service was ok but food portions were small . They also charge for tea and extra rice. There are about 10 chinese restaurants on the strip of Orchard lake and other very good options like New Mandarin Garden. Not visting this place anytime soon.

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank Stan0425
Detroit, Michigan
“One of the better places here in Metro Detroit”
Reviewed November 20, 2011

Husband and I came here randomly after we were craving some dim sum. It had been quite some time since we had some, and considering the last time we had it was at Asia City in Ann Arbor (for the time being in MI), we were hoping that things would be AT LEAST A LITTLE better. :)

Needless to say, the place was in a pretty desirable location, in a strip mall off of Orchard Lake, next to a Hiller's market. Not difficult to find.

Onto the experience. Entering the restaurant, the first thing I noticed was that this place was SOO DARK!! I don't know about you, but man, when I go eat dim sum, I normally like to eat in brightly lit places that aren't set to be dark like at a romantic, fine dining restaurant. That's just what i'm used to, and found this to be odd. Anyway, that didn't deter me from enjoying the food.

We ordered the staples: shrimp dumplings, shao mai, black bean short spare ribs, niu bai ye (beef tripe), egg custard, and some other ones i can't quite remember. Most of the items were pretty good, with the exception of the shao mai. The texture was too mushy, probably as a result of too much tapioca starch. Other than that, things were good.

Service was pretty good, and our water and tea was continuously filled, and the staff didn't look discontent. :) Overall, I'd come back if I were in the area, but I wouldn't go out of my way to go there. Hopefully they make the lighting brighter!

• Visited October 2011
3 Thank tycl516
Farmington Hills, Michigan
“Premier spot for dim sum”
Reviewed August 6, 2011

Solid service, though nothing spectacular. Dim sum is the best in metro Detroit. Try the shrimp paste stuffed eggplant, the shrimp dumplings & the deep-fried dumplings made with glutinous rice & pork filling. Nowhere else in this city will do once you have tried Shangri-la.

• Visited July 2011
3 Thank Henry0101
“Never ever going back”
Reviewed January 16, 2011

the horrible servies rip us off with 17%tips it has should been 10% or 15%. It was only 3 of us eating. Not ever coming back.