“Always the best”

Cross street: Maple
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Always the best”
Reviewed July 6, 2012

A yearly treat that exceeds expectations every time. The perfect food experience/

Visited July 2012

Okemos, Michigan
“An exquisite birthday celebration”
Reviewed June 3, 2012

The food and service were top notch. I enjoyed all the attention to detail as well as the quality art work on the walls, beautiful ceramics, works by Michigan artists, nice glassware, linens dishes etc... Mr. Lark and his wife were gracious hosts. There were many wonderful choices on the menu. The sopapilla bread was unique and a hit all around. We all had a great time and thoroughly enjoyed our meals.

• Visited June 2012
West Bloomfield Township, Michigan, United States
“Anniversary dinner”
Reviewed May 22, 2012

food and service were perfect, very expensive, but worth it for special events. (our anniversary)

2 Thank John D
Cincinnati, Ohio
“French restaurant with Mexican night?”
Reviewed May 12, 2012

We read the reviews on Lark and were expecting fine French with $90 entrees. Both my husband and I had checked the information on the restaurant prior to making reservations. When we arrived, we learned it was Mexican Tapas night. We were not expecting that! The food was fine, but it wasn't at all what we expected. Make certain you know what the menu is prior to your arrival. Probably won't return.

• Visited April 2012
Abu Dhabi, UAE
“Soso food, terrible attitude by owner”
Reviewed May 6, 2012

I went there with my wife for an anniversary celebration. The owner made some indirect comments about the Middle East and war, which I took in good humor - we are Middle Eastern. However, when I paid my bill and mistakenly tipped 10% instead of the usual 20%, the owner chastized me in front of the entire restaurant. He actually went out of his way to question why I left only 10% in front of the entire restaurant, instead of being discrete about it - not that he has the right to question me in the first place. Being the first time I faced such a situation, I got confused and quickly corrected my error. After leaving the place, it dawned to me what had just taken place, and unsuccessfully tried to get an apology from the owner.

all in all it could have been a decent experience, but it was horrible. The food was mediocre, and the attitude was terrible. Noone should get treated with this kind of prejudice especially when paying such a high price for a meal.

• Visited March 2012