“Someone had told me the staff was inattentive...”

Zoe's House of Pancakes
Ranked #14 of 110 Restaurants in West Bloomfield
Reviewed September 6, 2012

...and I wanted to prove this person wrong, but wow...our server wanted to be anywhere but work. I ordered my toast dry and it came with butter. My friend ordered an omelette without onions and it came with onions. The server was gone for 10-15 minutes at a time, and I found myself seeking another employee to get a coffee refill.

As far as the food goes, I have no complaints. I ordered the "west bloomfield omelette" which features burned onions (it says so on the menu; I was intrigued!) spinach, and tomatoes. Except it came without tomatoes. It was tasty, though. My friend couldn't finish his omelette, again, because he doesn't eat onions.

Bottom line? You have a million choices for breakfast in the metro Detroit area! Go somewhere where your service is valued and they deliver what you've ordered. Within 5 miles of Zoe's there are better options.

2  Thank vagabonderMI

Reviewed April 19, 2012

Wonderful pancakes, particularly the decadent red velvet pancakes! Light, fluffy omelets with fresh ingredients and I love it if I can choose the ingredients. Fresh breads for the sandwiches and waffle fries are an option. The wait staff are friendly and attentive. My only disappointment was--one of the times we tried to go there, it was busy. That particular day, we didn't have the luxury of waiting for an extended period of time. When we inquired, the hostess told us it would "only be a few minutes"--we left after 20 minutes. I would have preferred the hostess was just hones and gave us a realistic time that we would have declined that day.

1  Thank Veronica S
Reviewed January 4, 2012

Love their fluffy German pancake, fine omelets, and regular pancakes. Recently tasted a pumpkin pancake that was wonderful.

Reviewed March 7, 2010

Great pancakes and omelettes, very clean and fresh interior.

They should cook the hash browns more well done.

Good coffee, good service. Awesome value. For example, most egg and omelette items offer either a side of hash browns or pancakes.

Highly recommend for a simple breakfast.