You added Fairfield Inn & Suites Watervliet St. Joseph to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites Watervliet St. Joseph
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8258 Arnt Blvd, 140 and I-94; exit 41, Watervliet, MI 49098 (Formerly Holiday Inn Watervliet)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Member Rates
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Watervliet
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
“Quick stop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Spent the night on trip from Detroit to Chicago. Nice, newer hotel. Friendly and large meeting/breakfast area. The only reason I didnt give the stay a "5" was my tub/shower needed updating or a very good cleaning.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank ObserverGuy
Brad S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Watervliet St. Joseph, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive review of our hotel with the Tripadvisor Community. We are happy you enjoyed your experience at the Fairfield Inn & Suites - Surfari Joe's Indoor Waterpark. I have noted your comment regarding the tub condition and my engineering team is looking into it. We look forward to your next visit.

Brad Schmitz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Kalamazoo, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

We reserved a block of rooms here for our June wedding. The rooms are really clean and decorated in a nice modern style. They are very friendly and accommodating at the front desk. The breakfast in the morning wasn't the best I've ever had, but it was a nice touch for our hungover friends and family. Much better than what most hotels offer. The waterpark was a good time. We had it included with our rooms due to the volume of guests we had stay. Usually you have to pay extra I don't remember how much it was exactly but I remember thinking there's no way I would pay that to use the waterpark for 20 something's it's a lot of fun for about 40 minutes. The only thing I think this places is really missing is a decent dining area. The waterhole may he good for a kids birthday party or something but for us it didn't really cut it.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Achoo22
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive review of our hotel with the Tripadvisor Community. We are happy you enjoyed your experience at the Fairfield Inn & Suites - Surfari Joe's Indoor Waterpark. Our Water Hole Restaurant is designed as an amenity to the Surfari Joe's Water Park and caters primarily to families with young children; I completely understand your feeling if you were looking for a more refined sit down dinner experience. We look forward to your next visit.

detroit, mi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

This is a nice little hotel. Attached water park clean rooms. No restraint but go to chicken coop up the street for a great dinner . Location off of 94 is easy off and on. Nice beds. Tubs are a little beat up but not too bad.

• Stayed May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive review of our hotel with the Tripadvisor Community. We are happy you enjoyed your experience at the Fairfield Inn & Suites - Surfari Joe's Indoor Waterpark. We look forward to your next visit.

South Haven, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

I did not stay overnight at this hotel today but I was there today at Surfari Joe's and had interaction with the hotel lobby staff. I just want to acknowledge the front desk supervisor named Andrew. Andrew, if you are reading this, thank you so very very much for your kindness and hospitality. When every other member of the hotel staff denied me a special favor, you sir granted me that favor. I want to say from the bottom of my heart THANK YOU! Without you, our day would have been a disaster. Andrew is an exceptional supervisor and went above and beyond to make sure our visit was a pleasant one. Again Andrew, thank you and God Bless.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Brad S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Watervliet St. Joseph, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive review of our hotel with the Tripadvisor Community. We are very happy you enjoyed your experience at the Fairfield Inn & Suites - Surfari Joe's Indoor Waterpark. We look forward to your next visit.

New Buffalo, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

We decided to stay one night at this hotel to enjoy the water park. We live within 40 minutes of the area and wanted to try it out. The water park was ok, but was not kept clean and the bathrooms were nasty. The rooms in the hotel looked decent and the night front desk guy was super nice. As we went into the evening we discovered that the walls are extremely thin and we couldn't sleep because the drunk people next door were extremely loud. The breakfast was decent and there was plenty of food.When we went to check out, I wanted to discuss these issues with the front desk since there were no comment cards, but she was to busy on the phone booking reservations. After waiting 15 minutes standing at the front desk I decided to leave. I believe the only staff at this placed who really gave a crap were the lifeguards. We will not be going back.

• Stayed May 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
Brad S, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Watervliet St. Joseph, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with the Tripadvisor community. It is aways our goal to provide the best service to our guest that we can. I am so sorry to hear that you experienced issues in the waterpark and the hotel. I have brought these issues to my team so we can use them as coaching moments to improve for the future. I would very much like an opportunity to discuss this with you in more detail; if you would like to discuss your experience, please contact me at the hotel at your earliest convenience.

269-463-7946

Travelers are raving about these Watervliet hotels

Kalamazoo, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

Staff was great at checkin... clean/modern room... nice bathroom/towels... cool desk/tv... beds were decent (very clean).
Water park was a blast! Felt the deal was worth the money.
Great breakfast - great service.
Would be hesitant to go during the 'busy season'... to the water park, that is (only due to size)... but the hotel, any day!

I will comment that my rating was solely based on my stay/visit. I went to this water park not reading reviews on this site - but after the fact, did notice some things were true that were brought up. Floor was a bit slippery in bathrooms, maybe some extra scrubbing of the pools could be done, but overall the lifeguards did do well. They were teens, but did rotate and felt that they did a decent job of calling out some children that were excited and just needed some guidance.
Good job!
Would one "adult" lifeguard make me feel better with all the children around, yes.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank hornet2222

Scotts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

I wanted to give a WONDERFUL review to the entire staff at The Fairfield Inn & Suites in Watervliet, MI. We had the best experience and the staff was so helpful. Renee Hook helped plan an exciting adventure for us on Saturday and was so helpful with where to go and what to do, she even printed off directions for us. Also, Andrew made coloring Easter Eggs so easy by having us in the breakfast area. Our room was clean. Surfari Joe's was a blast. Thank you for a wonderful weekend. We will definitely be returning.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Tammy M

Brad Scmitz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Watervliet
The Inn at Harbor Shores
Boulevard Inn
Boulevard Inn
#3 of 6 in Saint Joseph
4.0 of 5 stars 209 reviews

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Watervliet St. Joseph? Share your experiences!