Surfari Joe's Indoor Wilderness Water Park
More attraction details
Owner description: Splash to your hearts' content with 18,000 square feet of indoor water park fun at Surfari Joe's in SW Michigan. Twirl and whirl on two extreme slides that funnel outside of the park landing you back inside with a big splash. Enjoy a relaxing ride with family and friends around the Zambezi River Run or swim in Lino's Lagoon activity pool. Our Pygmy Pond Play Place is just right for the kiddos featuring an adventurous playland with slides, the Surfari Joe dumping bucket and more. Too much water fun, then take a break and play in the radical Rip Curl Arcade with over thirty games keeping everyone busy for hours. Located on the upper deck of Surfari Joe's, the Water Hole Grill and Bar features a variety of drinks, pizzas, combo baskets and more! Birthday party or special event need planning? Surfari Joe's is the ideal hosting place. Escape to Surfari Joe's Indoor Wilderness Waterpark conveniently located off I-94 in Watervliet, Michigan adjoining the new Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott hotel! Escape theme park packages available online. The hotel features complimentary WiFi, fitness center, complimentary hot breakfast and more.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
Battle Creek, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“2014”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

i liked that is was close to home and affordable. I didn't like the lack of lockers, the life guards, cleanliness.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Annette H

Saint Joseph, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Not at all happy”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Thought we would let the kids have a fun afternoon but our moods were soured when they made us adults pay full price to sit in lawn chairs watching our kids splash around. This policy is very unfair and unreasonable. We will not be returning.

Visited April 2014
8 Thank Ken M
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“This place is awesome!”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I love this place, because it was very newly renovated as of a couple of years , which makes it very clean. I love the slides, the lazy river, and the water park. I am defiantly coming here again. It really was so nice for it to be not busy, clean, and so nice since it was a safari. I live safari joes.

Visited March 2014
3 Thank Mic344
North Webster, Indiana
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“More than I expected!”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I read many of the reviews on here and was concerned that I may have made a mistake in reserving a night here. I was completely wrong. From the moment I walked in, the hotel staff was friendly and helpful. Check in was quick, and they explained the options for the waterpark. Room was clean and well appointed. We quickly changed into our bathing suits and made our way down to the waterpark area. As many reviews state, it is small when compared to the major indoor waterparks, but the pools were warm, the air was a good temperature. It was busy but not overcrowded. We never waited more than 5 minutes for our turn on a slide. The desk staff at the waterpark was attentive, there were plenty of lifeguards around (4 or 5) and they were attentive to what was going on, helping those that needed it, and stopping overzealous horseplay. The lack of lockers and changing area was not an issue, since we were staying at the hotel. Overall it was a good time, and my kids (ages 5 and 11) and I enjoyed our stay here.

Visited March 2014
3 Thank mwfriederichs
Sodus, Michigan, United States
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Not anything special.”
Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

If your looking for something for the kids to do in the winter and live near by worth the money. Do not waste your time driving if you like Kalahari, Great wolf, or even Key lime cove. Very basic. 2 slides lazy river and pool area. Pygmy area is very small. Not a favorite but close to home.

3 Thank VacationFam1