“No Hot Water”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Waterford
Bartlett, Illinois, United States
“No Hot Water”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

My Father and I stayed at this property last weekend and I am not pleased. First, on Sunday morning at 5:00am there was no hot water available and no one at the front desk answered the telephone. The person who "cleaned" our room on Saturday, does not know how to make a bed. The sheets and blanket were bunched on both beds and just the confortmer put over it. Dumb us we had left the "maid" a $7 tip for Saturday, that will not happen again.

Also, when checking in the young lady at the front desk was rude and showed absolutely on polite or friendly customer service.

I think this hotel needs to retrain some of their employees.

Room Tip: Look around at all the properties in the area that are available.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Susan S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Waterford
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

I arrived at the Comfort Inn with my son and was ignored in the lobby for a while. (we were the only ones there). When we got to our room, it smelled pretty bad. Their solution was air freshener spray which did work but I felt creepy not knowing what the smell was. The room was OK, nothing great, older bedding. The pool is used like a YMCA and was pretty busy. The video game my son was so excited to play took the money but did not work. The coffee maker did not work in my room. I have stayed at a lot nicer hotels for less money. Definitely not worth it.

Room Tip: I would choose a room at a different hotel.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Kathleen H

Travelers are raving about these Waterford hotels

Hudson, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

Liked the place quite well. Last minute accommodation was not a problem. Quiet. An excellent location for our purposes and the airport, being very near, was not a noise problem. Liked the Koi pond amd the free breakfast.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
State College
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

Dirty rooms, no tissues, no coffee for maker, no cups, out dated broken cracked fixtures, broken fitness equipment, broken icemaker, no emergency lighting when power outtage. I can continue on. Do not go here. If i could give it no stars... i would

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Chris F
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

Pipes in the walls made lots of noise at 5 am. Couldn't use jacuzzi tub because it wouldn't hold water. had maintenance man there till 2 trying to fix it. couldn't sleep or use the tub and only took 10 dollars of my bill .

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank nater32
Waterford, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

I live in Waterford and have stayed here from time to time over the past 10 years or so. I forgot what chain the hotel used to be but then it went independent (Concorde Inn) and went down hill. I was happy to see it become a Comfort Inn. While there have been some improvements the rooms still could use some updating.

The room was spotless and everything was as it should be. The jacuzzi tub had some repairs done to it and the bathroom could use some updating overall. The bed was comfortable and the furniature has been updated and a flat screen TV was great.

Being located right next to the airport is not an issue as I never have noticed a lot of noise. Although this time I don't think I would have noticed as the a/c unit in the room sounded like I was standing next to a jet on the runway.

I don't know how this place is rated lower than McGuire's. I've lived in Waterford most of my life and while the Holiday Inn is newer and updated and deserves it's higher rating, I would never stay at McGuire's due to its location.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
White Lake, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

I've stayed in this hotel multiple times and never had an issue with anything. Our rooms were always clean, the pool area was always clean and in working order. The staff was always friendly. The hotel is right next door to an airport and I don't ever remember hearing any of the airport noise either.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waterford
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Waterford
Quality Inn Auburn Hills
Quality Inn Auburn Hills
#1 of 17 in Auburn Hills
Hampton Inn Detroit / Auburn Hills - North (Great Lakes Crossing Area)
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
TownePlace Suites Detroit Auburn Hills
Hampton Inn - Detroit / Novi at 14 Mile Road
Hampton Inn - Detroit / Novi at ...
#1 of 1 in Commerce Township

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!