“Great menu, great service”
Review of The Irish Tavern

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Irish Tavern
Ranked #27 of 179 Restaurants in Waterford
Cuisines: Irish
Reviewed July 9, 2018

My Wife and I were in the area and stopped in for lunch on a whim. The hardest part of the whole eating experience was deciding what to order... the whole menu looked excellent. Traditional Irish food mixed with standard American fare with some items straddling both. I had one of the daily specials: pulled pork, cheddar cheese, fried onions and barbecue sauce wrapped in a boxty (an Irish potato pancake) with a side of seasoned fries. My Wife had the mushroom-swiss burger and fries. The boxty was perfect, the pork was tender and well sauced and the fries were hot and crisp... they went especially well with the offered malt vinegar. Our server was fast and helpful and the atmosphere was quiet and family friendly. We will definitely be eating here again on our next trip to the area.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed June 18, 2018

Place is clean waitstaff are average. The food is average. they have karaoke. Lot"s of tv's. For the price of food and alcohol I would not recommend it

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed December 24, 2017

My wife and I have dinner here about twice a month. Always good. I kept hearing about their mussels and wanted to try them. Not sure if I could have been more disappointed. So overcooked I had trouble chewing. I was hoping that someone would ask if everything was ok. nope.

Date of visit: December 2017
Doug Y, Owner at The Irish Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2017

Dean, we are sorry to hear you did not like the mussels that were served to you. Please know we always have a manager on duty and encourage all guest to address any food concerns while still dining, as we are happy to accommodate you where we see fit. We hope you will give us another try in the future, as we would love to restore your confidence in us!

Reviewed June 3, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stopped here while doing errands on this side of town. We both chose something the bartender recommended. My husband had the corn beef boxty, which came with a side of cabbage. I had the beach burger. My burger was EXCELLENT. My husband enjoyed his sandwich as much as I did mine. Being a fan of Jameson, I tried their Jameson margarita which was great. The bartender/wait staff were friendly and helpful. We will definitely make a trip to come out here again!

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed May 23, 2017

This is a very comfortable and friendly Irish pub. Waiters are very friendly. Food is very good. Foodservice is a little slow. Otherwise, very nice neighborhood bar and Grill.

Date of visit: April 2017