“Typical HI Express”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Waterford
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Waterford
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Stayed on a Saturday evening during a Waterford Hills Raceway weekend. Hotel and rooms were in good condition. Desk staff pleasant and helpful. Breakfast was standard HIE.

Swimming pool was the only negative for this visit - it had a half dozen 12 year old girls who were in for several hours yelling and shouting along with a radio turned up loud. My wife and son didn't find it very enjoyable.

Well, maybe there was another negative. TV channel selection was NOT that good - no weather channel and that annoys my dear wife. No excuse for not carrying the Weather Network .

We will be returning to this HIE in July.

Room Tip: Our room was on the top floor facing the front and there were no noise issues. The hotel is 3 floor...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Peggy D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Waterford, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2014

Thank you for your time to provide our hotel with such positive comments. We enjoyed hearing that you enjoyed our rooms, breakfast and our guest service associates! We regret to learn of your pool experience. The pool should be a relaxing environment for the enjoyment of all guests, and we are sorry you did not find it to be a nice experience. Also, I will look into the matter of adding the weather channel! We hope you will give us the chance to welcome you back when you are in our area again!

Thank you again!

Peggy Desrosier

Reviewed May 29, 2014

This hotel was a welcome surprise in an area with almost no other choices. The staff was friendly+. The room was up to date and had WAY more than enough outlets. Breakfast was perfect. Don't forget to check out the Lion's Den restaurant that is literally around the corner. A hidden gem.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 16, 2014

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express WaterFord for one night during a business trip through the Midwest. My meetings were nearby in Auburn Hills and Pontiac and this hotel offered a great value versus some of the more expensive Auburn Hills hotels off of I-75. The hotel building itself seems a bit older and the parking lot was in need of a quick pick up, but for business stays it is all about the room and the rooms here were the best of the 3 different Holiday Inn Express' I stayed in that week. The layout of the room I stayed in was excellent with an oversized desk / entertainment stand extending the length of the room. The room itself was immaculate as I’ve come to expect from Holiday Inn Express. Breakfast was above average with good warm item selections. And service from the staff was great. We checked out early in the morning before our first meeting and ended up having to come back as a result of leaving something behind. When we had an hour to burn, the staff happily allowed us to work in the common area even though we had checked out hours before. Little things like this go a long way when you are on the road for extended periods of time. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in the area.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank tyhoward
Reviewed February 11, 2014

We booked three rooms over the thanksgiving holiday 2013. We had a wonderful time.. We spent family time in the common area outside the pool. We used the sofa there and table and really enjoyed spending time in the open area. We enjoyed the breakfast. We would not hesitate to return to tis hotel again!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I didn't expect much more than a basic room when I booked a room at this hotel, but I was pleasantly surprised at the beautiful lobby and the excellent service. The rooms also were very nice and better than I expected. Sadly besides that everything else goes downhill. The breakfast was okay I enjoyed the pancake machine and the cinnamon rolls but the rest was much less satisfying. Especially the egg omelet I tried that was full of gross fake cheese. Way worse than that was that the heat in our room was extremely hot. Even though the heat felt great coming in from below 0 weather we had to turn on the air conditioning to be able to fall asleep. Also there was no hot tub which would have been very nice after being in the cold all day.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Waterford, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Dear Jenna112196,

We would like to express our sincerest thanks for your review and observations you sent regarding services at our Hotel. We appreciate your observations and advice. We are continually striving to improve the hospitality we offer, and comments from our guests are always welcome. We are pleased you did enjoy our beautiful lobby and nice rooms.
We thank you for having chosen our Hotel. We take this opportunity to send you our best wishes.

Regards,

Brenda J.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed December 8, 2013

A couple of friends and I decided we would come up to Michigan to surprise someone. I was skeptical to book this hotel being a seasoned traveler, I know having such few reviews is a red flag but during my research on other hotels in the area I thought this would be my best bet. So I booked the hotel and hoped for the best. We stayed for 4 nights. We got there late at night but The lady at the front desk was very friendly and made check in seamless. we got to our room and it was perfect. Everything was in good condition the room was already warm for us considering it was in the low 30's outside and not a thing was out of place. The next day we went down stairs for breakfast on Saturday by 9 am there was no milk and no hot food all we had was bagels, cream cheese, and pancakes. The lady tending to breakfast was not very helpful but we went on with our day and everything went well. I went down to the front desk for several reasons for one thing or another and everyone at the front desk was very helpful and tried to accommodate any and all needs we had. Housekeeping was very friendly and did their job well. By the end of our trip everyone who worked at the front desk knew who we were. The Trip was wonderful and this hotel and their wonderful service was a major part of it. We only had one problem the entire trip and it was that we wanted to go into the heated pool but there was an "incident" and the pool was closed until it could be "fixed." We started checking about the pool being "fixed" the night the "incident" happened and they told us that it would be fixed early the next day so we checked back with the front desk every couple of hours to find out when the pool would be opened and it was finally fixed at about 10 pm when the pool closed at 11. so we really only got to enjoy the pool for about half an hour but i suppose it was better than nothing. Over all our stay was wonderful and I will definitely be back to this hotel.

Just one last note, I never write reviews for any of the thousands of hotels i have stayed at but I thought it would really be worth my time to take the time to write this review because I had such wonderful service. This holiday Inn is truly a hidden gem if you are coming to Waterford and need a friendly warm place to stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 24, 2013

We stay at this hotel 7 times a year, 2 rooms, for business. Very comfortable, the updated renovations are nice. Good breakfast and pleasant staff. Bed and pillows are super comfortable. A fridge in the room would make it perfect.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waterford
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#3 of 3 in Waterford
Hampton Inn Detroit / Auburn Hills - North (Great Lakes Crossing Area)
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Auburn Hills
Hyatt Place Auburn Hills
Hyatt Place Auburn Hills
#5 of 18 in Auburn Hills
Quality Inn Auburn Hills
Quality Inn Auburn Hills
#4 of 18 in Auburn Hills
Hampton Inn Southfield / West Bloomfield

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Waterford? Share your experiences!