Candlewood Suites Detroit/Warren
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsfree laundryfront desk stafftoaster ovenlending lockerweek stayfull size fridgetwo monthsplace to staydetroit areapantryhousekeepingdananecessitiesborrowdishwasherbeddingcarpet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 1, 2011

I stayed here before (and everything was GREAT), so when I was given the choice...I actually asked my company to book me at this hotel. Honestly, it was one of the biggest mistakes and worst experiences of any hotel I have ever stayed at in the last 4 years!

The Operations/Front desk Manager named Jen., gave me the worst customer service experience I have ever had! She made a promise she NEVER kept; she gave me the run around for 2 weeks; when I called and asked her a simple question like, do you know what the weather will be like today, instead of just looking it up like most front desk people do...she told me "why don't you just turn on the weather channel and wait until they tell you the weather! I was like excuse me? When I said, my TV is not working and most hotels print this information and post it daily, she huffed and puffed like she was irritated and very nastily gave me the answer. After that, if I would call to the front desk and ask her a question, Jen would say I will get back to you and would never follow-up! She was just a horrible nightmare and I was very, very unhappy! I was told that she was the head manager in charge of the Hotel (which made me feel paralyzed because if the buck stops w/her, where else could I go to get help) well later I found out that there is a new General Manager - Meghan (she is an Angel-THANK GOD for HER!)

Even one of the front desk ladies was just down right rude too! I began to wonder if I was in the Twilight Zone or something, because I thought the front desk people are suppose to be friendly, and greet you with a smile. This front desk lady -Rhea, was not friendly, never smiled and specialized in saying "NO." She would even park in a front parking space, taking that premium space away from the guest(s). One day I asked for towels and she acted like she did not want to give them to me...I was thinking maybe she was trained by the Manager Jen., because they both left the same "nasty taste in my mouth." After ALL of the hassle, the front desk even had the nerve to charge the wrong Corporate Card, so while they were specializing in "No's" the front desk could not get this most important transaction right! I was just so dissatisfied!

My stay was not ALL bad, which is why I even gave the overall rating of POOR! For example, the cleaning staff was excellent and very thorough! They even gave me extra towels because of the mistreatment I received by Rhea the front desk lady! There were 2 exceptional and helpful front desk people: Erica & Tony. Now these front desk people, were very professional, friendly! Even when they did not know the answer they still made you feel like they were trying to help. These 2 employees of the Hotel were like night & day compared to Jen. & Rhea!

Lastly, when I discovered that there was a different Manager in charge, the actual head Manager in charge - Meghan, I told her about my horrible experiences and since it was the end of my stay, she was not able to do much, but she at least understood how I felt and tried to make my last night comfortable!

Interestingly enough, after I told the General Manager about how Jen & her other staff member treated me, on my way out ALL of a sudden the Operations Manager Jen. was so nice to me! If she had treated me like a valued guest from the beginning and been nice w/ good customer service during my stay, I would have been able to say nice things and rate the Hotel the way I remembered it from my last stay! So beware! If Jen is there when you check in, PLEASE do yourself a favor and DON'T STAY!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Faustenia M
Theresa T, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Detroit/Warren, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2011

We are sorry about your experience, and hope you will give us a try again in the future. Thank you again for bringing this to our attention and can promise you we will make every attempt to ensure this never happens again.

Reviewed September 26, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel almost weekly for the last 2 years- the staff is very cordial and attentive- the location is clean and the Candlewood Cupboard is a nice touch- workout room and laundry are great also- close to a lot of my customers- I will continue to stay there

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Rick C

Thank you for your compliments, we look forward to your many returns to us!

Reviewed August 26, 2011

My biggest problem is the lack of curtains and air conditioning. I like it dark and cold when I sleep. Because there are no curtains, my room was filled with bright street lights and lights from the factory next door. Despite the fact that I set the tempurature at 65 degrees, the wall thermostat never went below 78.

Also, the cleaning staff apparantly do not know what the sign "do not disturb" means as I hung it the night before yet still got a housekeeping call at 7:30 the next morning.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank Jacquib30

I apologize for any inconvenience this may caused you. We do have “black out” shades that hide behind the normal curtains. We will make sure to inform our future guests of these cases.

Reviewed August 24, 2011

I stayed at the Candlewood Suites in Warren for a long business trip. The staff was always very hospitable for me and the location makes for easy parking and access. Have all the aminities the Candlewood offered (full fridge, stove, free laundry room, private feeling workout room, ect.) kept me staying there despite the many hotel options in the area.

I will stay there again on future trips.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Robert R

Thank you for your compliments!

Theresa Thomas, Director of Sales

Reviewed August 16, 2011

This hotel was so clean, the staff was friendly and overall the location was perfect for my work. The hotels surrounding them are dirty and unkept, but Candlewood was flawless.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Tia H

Thank you for noticing our attention to detail!