“The hotel was close to everywhere we needed to go. The...”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Detroit Warren
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Warren
Reviewed July 21, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed July 21, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham
48093HAWTHORN, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Detroit Warren, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Overall nice hotel. Trash was outside my entire 3 day stay an there's a language barrier with staff. Getting extra towels was like pulling teeth

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns about the housekeeping staff. Our housekeeping may not be thoroughly fluent in speaking English but we do ensure they can communicate with our guests to ensure all needs and requests are met. I apologize this was not the case for you. We also have 24 hour front desk staff that is always available to provide excellent customer service. Our grounds staff works diligently to dispose of any trash left by others in a timely manner. We hope to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Notified the clerk after check in of the stink in the room and ashes on the phone on the nightstand by the bed. Clerk never took any action during the 3 nite stay. On checkout, my bill was correct. After I received my corporate Card statement, the hotel charged me a $100 fee and accused me of smoking in the room. After I confronted them with witnesses who overheard my notification to the clerk, the manager begrudgingly offered to refund the fee. As I was using a corporate card provided by my company, this is grounds for immediate dismissal for an non-authorized charge. I will have to now provide a lengthy explanation and obtain statements from the witnesses in order to avoid any type of adverse action. Will NEVER stay here ever again. Be warned - you may get charged next!

Room Tip: Dont stay here - stay at the Marriott across the street.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank JLHCAH2016
Reviewed July 1, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jonathon M B
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We reserved the Master King Suite with whirlpool. We spent the day shopping, so when we checked in at 5:30pm on Saturday, we decided to read for awhile before looking for supper. The whirlpool suite is first floor, poolside. There were many people enjoying the pool about 20 feet away from bedroom window. Decided pool probably closed by 10 or 11, so decided not to worry about that. But, then the air conditioner compressor kicked on outside bedroom window. Very loud. My husband went to turn our air off, but it was off, so we looked out window, and there were SIX compressors sitting right outside our window, probably 5 feet from bed. They would have all been cycling on and off all night long. As the bed was not comfortable, it didn't seem worth trying to exchange rooms. So we checked out 45 minutes after checking in. We were not offered another room, either. My husband asked for a refund, desk person said he would check with management. I am not expecting one. Also, before we reserved, I had read another guest say they were chased down for bringing food to a sick child from breakfast buffet. At check in, we had to sign a paper. I skimmed it. It did say food could not be taken from dining area, which we have never experienced at other hotel breakfasts. The paper also said we were allowed only 1 plate per person. A waffle takes up a whole plate. I don't know if they meant to reuse your plate, or if you were supposed to only make one trip thru breakfast. Have NEVER experienced either of those two conditions. Finally, a copy was made of my AAA card, which I have also never experienced. Makes me kind of nervous. Frozen half bottle of pepsi in freezer compartment of frig, so that was not looked at following previous checkout.

Room Tip: If you want a getaway, go when air conditioning and pool are not in use!!! Actually, with the break...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple