“Excellent customer service by caring staff”

Extended Stay America - Detroit - Warren
Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Warren
Reviewed September 7, 2010

I have traveled extensively for business the past 20 years and my experience at the Warren ESA was the best I ever had, thanks to Manager Arev. From the excellent coffee and smile served on time by Jackie every morning, to the excellent housekeeping and maintenance supplied during the day, to the excellent customer service provided by Stella and Cathy in the evening, I highly recommend staying here. The property is clean, safe (across from police station), and quiet, as well as being within walking distance to most services.

Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank TheTravelinTraceys

Reviewed June 18, 2009

My boyfriend and I needed to get away for a couple nights of "us time". We booked our room through Priceline.com and got a great price. When we arrived, the greeting was very warm and welcoming. Our room was way more than we were expecting. It had a complete kitchen, including dishes to eat and cook on. There was a DVD player hooked up to the TV which was great. We usually watch movies on the laptop. There was a loveseat sized couch, probably a pull out, and a recliner. Also a desk to work on with a rolling computer chair. Internet access was available for a small, one-time fee I believe, I did not use it so I can not say for sure. The nights were quiet and very relaxing. As happy as we were with the hotel, there was an unfortunate accident with my car. Although the parking lot was very large in the back of the hotel, someone managed to rear end my car. Though its not something that you want to be woken up to, the staff handled it very well. I was informed imediately, and came out to exchange information with the gentleman. So overall our stay was fantastic, and I cant wait to stay with them again!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 4, 2009

We stayed at Extended Stay for 5 days and couldn't be happier. We noticed that the phone was not working and the stove lightbulb was out, reported it, went out for 2 hours, and it was fixed when we got back. Front desk, maids and maintenance that we encountered were all friendly and helpful. Kudos to Carl at the front desk, a real people person, who made our stay all the more enjoyable. We'll be back there soon!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 2, 2008

I have previously stayed at your hotel since July 21, 2008 every 10 out of 13 days and made a reservation each time I left for the following ten(10) days at a certain rate. when I went to checkin the evening of September 1st I was told that the rate had doubled. I immediately attempted to cancel my reservation I had no prior knowledge or notification that the rate would increase and feel that since I have been staying at your hotel since July 21, 2008 at least a courtesy call or email would have been approiate. After cancelling the reservation with penalty of one night at the new rate I made reservations via hotwire and as you know hotwire doesn't tell you what hotel until after you have completed the reservation. I got a reservation at your hotel via hotwire at a lower rate then my previous stays. What was the point of raising the rate when obsivously if you're using hotwire you have difficulty filling your Rooms? To me it doesn't seem even legal to do such a thing.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed July 10, 2006

The title pretty much says it all. My room was remodeled, it appeared they were still working on the first floor. New carpet, recliner, bedspread, etc. are all nice.

Staff are terrible, except for the manager, who checked me in and was very friendly. When I got back to the hotel on Friday night, I said "hi" to the girl at the front desk on my way in and she just looked at me and said nothing. My smoke alarm started beeping at 7:30 in the morning, so I took the battery out and went to the front desk for a replacement. A different girl from the night before told me she had no idea where they would be and she would send maintainance up when he got there. I said "please, no, I am going back to sleep and I will call down when I am awake." So, of course, maintainance was pounding on my door at around 9:30, which really jangled my nerves and I was not able to get back to sleep after that.

So, I guess this is an OK place to stay if you don't have contact with the staff!

• Stayed: July 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
Texas
Reviewed August 12, 2004

Studio plus was good because of the cheap rate for extended stay. It was a bit worn. Some rooms were being updated. Did not get our correct accomodations the first night and ended up on the floor in another room reserved for our friends. They did not take care of the inconvenience until they were asked several times. Finally they took 45% off of one night for the inconvenience. I was dissappointed as I felt they should have comped one night for the mistake, which they never explained. We got a smoking room with 1 bed rather than double nonsmoking. ALso, the room rate was more $ than quoted.

Kitchen was nice and it was great having the nice double room size for the week's stay.

Would I stay again? Only if accommodations and rate