“How can one double the rate of a reservation when one goes to checkin”

Extended Stay America - Detroit - Warren
Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Warren
Reviewed September 2, 2008

I have previously stayed at your hotel since July 21, 2008 every 10 out of 13 days and made a reservation each time I left for the following ten(10) days at a certain rate. when I went to checkin the evening of September 1st I was told that the rate had doubled. I immediately attempted to cancel my reservation I had no prior knowledge or notification that the rate would increase and feel that since I have been staying at your hotel since July 21, 2008 at least a courtesy call or email would have been approiate. After cancelling the reservation with penalty of one night at the new rate I made reservations via hotwire and as you know hotwire doesn't tell you what hotel until after you have completed the reservation. I got a reservation at your hotel via hotwire at a lower rate then my previous stays. What was the point of raising the rate when obsivously if you're using hotwire you have difficulty filling your Rooms? To me it doesn't seem even legal to do such a thing.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Reviewed July 10, 2006

The title pretty much says it all. My room was remodeled, it appeared they were still working on the first floor. New carpet, recliner, bedspread, etc. are all nice.

Staff are terrible, except for the manager, who checked me in and was very friendly. When I got back to the hotel on Friday night, I said "hi" to the girl at the front desk on my way in and she just looked at me and said nothing. My smoke alarm started beeping at 7:30 in the morning, so I took the battery out and went to the front desk for a replacement. A different girl from the night before told me she had no idea where they would be and she would send maintainance up when he got there. I said "please, no, I am going back to sleep and I will call down when I am awake." So, of course, maintainance was pounding on my door at around 9:30, which really jangled my nerves and I was not able to get back to sleep after that.

So, I guess this is an OK place to stay if you don't have contact with the staff!

• Stayed: July 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
Texas
Reviewed August 12, 2004

Studio plus was good because of the cheap rate for extended stay. It was a bit worn. Some rooms were being updated. Did not get our correct accomodations the first night and ended up on the floor in another room reserved for our friends. They did not take care of the inconvenience until they were asked several times. Finally they took 45% off of one night for the inconvenience. I was dissappointed as I felt they should have comped one night for the mistake, which they never explained. We got a smoking room with 1 bed rather than double nonsmoking. ALso, the room rate was more $ than quoted.

Kitchen was nice and it was great having the nice double room size for the week's stay.

Would I stay again? Only if accommodations and rate