“Best stay”

Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Warren
Warren, Michigan
“Best stay”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I enjoyed it. The staff was very polite, considerate, knowledgeable in regard to the hotel and the surrounding areas. I would certainly recommend this location to all of my family, relative, friends, business associates etc. All of the staff have a positive attitude, will accomodate date you as much as possible.

Room Tip: check with the staff
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Sarah L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Warren, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Thank you for your posting. It was a pleasure to read how you enjoyed your stay with us. I was happy to hear the staff was accomodating and knowledgeable. It's encouraging to hear feedback like yours and to know that we are delivering on our committment of exceptional guest service. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate your business!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I take several trips to the Detroit area for business. I recently met Lara McOwen, the Regional Director of Field Sales for Extended Stay. She encouraged me to give one of her properties a try. She was very friendly and professional and assured me top notch service so I gave their Warren property a shot. As Mrs. McOwen said would happen, upon arriving at the hotel I was greeted by Stella, who was really one of the nicest front desk people I’ve ever had to deal with and I travel a ton! Our rooms were ready and the check in process was quick and easy. Rooms were large and clean however very old and out dated. They kind of had a funky smell as well. Bed was fairly comfortable but didn’t like having the A/C right next to the bed. Iron in the room was broken but the staff replaced it promptly. Overall it was a decent stay. Due to the great service I got from Lara McOwen and Stella at the front desk I will give Extended Stay another shot, it just wont be at that property.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Sarah L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Warren, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you very much for your recent review of your stay with us. I really appreciate feedback like yours as it helps us further provide consistent, great customer service to our guests. Thank you for sharing your comments about Lara and Stella. I am so happy to hear they took terrific care of you. I apologize for the odor issues, AC concerns and iron problem you experienced. I have spoken with the hotel staff to ensure these are corrected moving forward. I'm sorry the stay wasn't everything you were looking for but I'm glad you are willing to give us another try. I appreciate you sharing your experience. We do greatly appreciate your business and do hope to have you stay with us again soon.
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Having never stayed at extended stay before i wasn't sure what to expect. But that soon changed when i was greeted by the lovely reception and made to feel part of there family. Nothing was to much trouble and ever time i went out and came back in i was greeted by name by different staff. The room was amazing and the kitchen was so great i could cook if i wanted to also order in if i wanted to. The shower was great and the room was just right and Very relaxing. Thankyou for making my stay perfect i shall be using this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Traceyo689
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Warren, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Thank you very much for your positive review. We are so happy you gave EXTENDED STAY DELUXE - WARREN a try; thank you so much!! Our goal is to make our guests feel like they are at their "home away from home." It sounds like we did just that during your stay. Thank you for the feedback on the amenities like the kitchen and shower. It was great to have you. I hope you will stay with us again soon!
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Room was very spacious. Flatscreen TV was nice. The price was right [$63/night]. Location was within a decent proximity to downtown Detroit [25 minute drive to Comerica Park/Ford Field]. As always, full kitchen set-up is very welcomed.

Room was very dirty - stains on the carpet in various spots, lots of loose hairs on the bed and in the washroom, lots of scuff marks [and a couple of blood spots] on the walls in the washroom, and very dusty parts of the room [especially around the windows]. Beds were creaky, lumpy and uncomfortable. Our entire floor smelled of stale cigarettes. Room had an additional odour to it but we couldn't pinpoint what it was. Check-in and check-out were painless - front desk staff was very nice. BUT - needed extra towels but was told that there were none available.

I would potentially stay here again for a single night if there was nothing better available at a similar price, but otherwise would pass it up. I certainly would not recommend it for a long-term stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Warren, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. I appreciate everything you shared from your stay. I want to start by apologizing for the cleanliness issues. We strive to provide a great guest experience with a clean, comfortable hotel room. I was disheartened to hear we failed in that commitment.

As a result of your comments, I have met with the entire staff to ensure these issues are corrected and not repeated. Michigan is a non-smoking state so there definitely should not be a smoking odor. On a positive note, I am happy to hear the location, amenities and price worked out for you.

I do hope you will try us again on your next trip to the area and give us a chance to make it up to you. Thank you again for your feedback and your stay with us.
Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

My spouse and I only used this location for a long time. Staff is magnificent. Housekeeping was wonderful and kind. They always asked me if I needed anything extra. Place is very clean and redpectful. Very spacious closets room and bathrooms. One time left my shirt behind they held onto it for me for over a week in same condition it was left. That is a plus in my eyes. Everything was clean and worked properly. I personally would give them a 9.3 overall give them a shot.

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank BrownDennis
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Warren, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Thank you very much for your positive feedback of your stay at our hotel. It’s always great to hear that our staff took wonderful care of you and went that extra mile. I’m glad the rooms and location worked out for you.

I hope you will stay with us again. Thank you so much for your kind words.
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I was extremely disappointed with our room this year. We had booked a room with a fold out couch and kitchenette, just like the previous year (which was a pretty good room for the price)

When we arrived in our 3rd floor "non smoking room", it REEKED of stale smoke. Luckily I had brought my own Lysol, because we had to use it many times in our 3 day stay!! (for the stench left in the room or in the hallway!) When we opened the door to the hallway on Saturday morning, we were greeted with a STRONG cat urine odor, which progressivly got worse throughout the weekend.

On Friday night when we were getting ready for bed, we pulled out the fold out couch for the 2nd bed, there was TRASH in between the cushions and mattress, and on the floor under the fold out bed!! YUCK! When I went to the front desk to aquire another blanket, I was given a matress cover as a blanket! There were bug kill spots all over the walls, where bugs had previously been smashed on the walls and not cleaned up!! SO... needless to say, we were scared of roaches and bed bugs all weekend! YUCK!

They will have to make some SERIOUS changes before I will EVER stay here again. : (

Room Tip: There are PLENTY of other hotels right in this vicinity of the Civic Center in Warren, Michigan that...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kristie K
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Warren, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thank you very much for your feedback on your recent stay with us. I want to start by sincerely apologizing for your experience. We strive to provide solid guest service and a high level of cleanliness. This is absolutely not what you should have experienced. As a result of your feedback, I have met with the hotel staff to ensure we correct our errors and not allow this to be repeated.

It is not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. I hope I have addressed your concerns satisfactorily and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other brand location in the future.
Toledo
Reviewed April 11, 2012

Employees are very pleasant. Area manager spoke to me as I was leaving and recalled me from a previous stay. It made me feel like a valued customer.
Was given a tour by Valerie Reid and noticed all rooms were clean and so was the fitness room and front check in area.
It would improve if the coffee was out longer than 9:00 AM and the hot tub was re opened. This will not deter me from visiting again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Warren, responded to this review, April 20, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay Deluxe Detroit - Warren. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thank you for your kind comments.