“Best stay”

Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Warren
Detroit, Michigan
“Best stay”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Having never stayed at extended stay before i wasn't sure what to expect. But that soon changed when i was greeted by the lovely reception and made to feel part of there family. Nothing was to much trouble and ever time i went out and came back in i was greeted by name by different staff. The room was amazing and the kitchen was so great i could cook if i wanted to also order in if i wanted to. The shower was great and the room was just right and Very relaxing. Thankyou for making my stay perfect i shall be using this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Traceyo689
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Warren, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Thank you very much for your positive review. We are so happy you gave EXTENDED STAY DELUXE - WARREN a try; thank you so much!! Our goal is to make our guests feel like they are at their "home away from home." It sounds like we did just that during your stay. Thank you for the feedback on the amenities like the kitchen and shower. It was great to have you. I hope you will stay with us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Room was very spacious. Flatscreen TV was nice. The price was right [$63/night]. Location was within a decent proximity to downtown Detroit [25 minute drive to Comerica Park/Ford Field]. As always, full kitchen set-up is very welcomed.

Room was very dirty - stains on the carpet in various spots, lots of loose hairs on the bed and in the washroom, lots of scuff marks [and a couple of blood spots] on the walls in the washroom, and very dusty parts of the room [especially around the windows]. Beds were creaky, lumpy and uncomfortable. Our entire floor smelled of stale cigarettes. Room had an additional odour to it but we couldn't pinpoint what it was. Check-in and check-out were painless - front desk staff was very nice. BUT - needed extra towels but was told that there were none available.

I would potentially stay here again for a single night if there was nothing better available at a similar price, but otherwise would pass it up. I certainly would not recommend it for a long-term stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Warren, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. I appreciate everything you shared from your stay. I want to start by apologizing for the cleanliness issues. We strive to provide a great guest experience with a clean, comfortable hotel room. I was disheartened to hear we failed in that commitment.

As a result of your comments, I have met with the entire staff to ensure these issues are corrected and not repeated. Michigan is a non-smoking state so there definitely should not be a smoking odor. On a positive note, I am happy to hear the location, amenities and price worked out for you.

I do hope you will try us again on your next trip to the area and give us a chance to make it up to you. Thank you again for your feedback and your stay with us.
Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

My spouse and I only used this location for a long time. Staff is magnificent. Housekeeping was wonderful and kind. They always asked me if I needed anything extra. Place is very clean and redpectful. Very spacious closets room and bathrooms. One time left my shirt behind they held onto it for me for over a week in same condition it was left. That is a plus in my eyes. Everything was clean and worked properly. I personally would give them a 9.3 overall give them a shot.

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank BrownDennis
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Warren, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Thank you very much for your positive feedback of your stay at our hotel. It’s always great to hear that our staff took wonderful care of you and went that extra mile. I’m glad the rooms and location worked out for you.

I hope you will stay with us again. Thank you so much for your kind words.
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I was extremely disappointed with our room this year. We had booked a room with a fold out couch and kitchenette, just like the previous year (which was a pretty good room for the price)

When we arrived in our 3rd floor "non smoking room", it REEKED of stale smoke. Luckily I had brought my own Lysol, because we had to use it many times in our 3 day stay!! (for the stench left in the room or in the hallway!) When we opened the door to the hallway on Saturday morning, we were greeted with a STRONG cat urine odor, which progressivly got worse throughout the weekend.

On Friday night when we were getting ready for bed, we pulled out the fold out couch for the 2nd bed, there was TRASH in between the cushions and mattress, and on the floor under the fold out bed!! YUCK! When I went to the front desk to aquire another blanket, I was given a matress cover as a blanket! There were bug kill spots all over the walls, where bugs had previously been smashed on the walls and not cleaned up!! SO... needless to say, we were scared of roaches and bed bugs all weekend! YUCK!

They will have to make some SERIOUS changes before I will EVER stay here again. : (

Room Tip: There are PLENTY of other hotels right in this vicinity of the Civic Center in Warren, Michigan that...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kristie K
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Warren, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thank you very much for your feedback on your recent stay with us. I want to start by sincerely apologizing for your experience. We strive to provide solid guest service and a high level of cleanliness. This is absolutely not what you should have experienced. As a result of your feedback, I have met with the hotel staff to ensure we correct our errors and not allow this to be repeated.

It is not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. I hope I have addressed your concerns satisfactorily and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other brand location in the future.
Toledo
Reviewed April 11, 2012

Employees are very pleasant. Area manager spoke to me as I was leaving and recalled me from a previous stay. It made me feel like a valued customer.
Was given a tour by Valerie Reid and noticed all rooms were clean and so was the fitness room and front check in area.
It would improve if the coffee was out longer than 9:00 AM and the hot tub was re opened. This will not deter me from visiting again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Warren, responded to this review, April 20, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay Deluxe Detroit - Warren. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thank you for your kind comments.
Reviewed March 20, 2012

The staff were the friendliest and most helpful with directions and cab service ive ever experienced. it was in a very safe location. while my husband was out during the day i could get out and walk without fear.

• Stayed March 2012
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Warren, responded to this review, March 29, 2012
It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay Deluxe Detroit - Warren. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!

Warren, Michigan
Reviewed March 20, 2012

if it is a 10 points scale, i definitely will give a 9. the 1 point out of 10 is the poor internet speed, surcharge 3 dollars per day for 3MB, otherwise 0.05MB

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Warren, responded to this review, March 27, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay Deluxe Detroit - Warren. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I do apologize, however, that your stay was not completely satisfactory.

We regard a consistent, dependable Internet experience as crucial for our guests, who are often staying with us for long periods of time while on business. That's why we have invested so much in a technology infrastructure that supports our guests' internet needs. Uploading and downloading documents across a VPN, emailing, and keeping up with friends on social networking websites are all tasks that our guests perform regularly. However, our networks are not designed to accommodate resource intensive tasks like transferring large video files. Although we can typically identify and limit users who are tying up network resources, an overall slowness can be experienced across the network before we are able to respond. I assure you that I take your comments very seriously, and that we will continue to invest in reliable wireless Internet access for our guests.

I greatly appreciate your feedback, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future.