“Good Old Fashion Bakery”
Review of Sweetheart Bakery

Ranked #4 of 11 Bakeries in Warren
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed June 14, 2014

What a treat! What a wonderful old fashion bakery. Cookies, Cake, Bread all wonderful! You don't find gems like this any more. It was worth the hour drive and I will be back. Take a trip to Sweetheart Bakery on Van Dyke and give your family a real treat!

There are newer reviews for Sweetheart Bakery

Reviewed January 25, 2014

Arrived on a very slow afternoon (there was only 1 other car in the parking lot.) I approached the wedding cake area and spoke to a woman at the desk. The overall impression I got was that I was interrupting her cell phone time and youtube watching on her computer. She wasn't very polite and welcoming at all, which as any bride knows is an immediate red flag. (If I'm about to spend several hundred dollars on a cake for my wedding, you can at least smile, be polite and act like you value my business. There are MANY other bakeries out there and I came to YOURS today.) I asked a few questions and she gave me a binder to look through. I explained that we are serving a dessert through our reception place but we wanted a 3 layer cake with 2 'fake' bottom layers and a real cake layer on the very top for cutting. The price I was quoted for this was a joke. $550+ fees for delivery/pickup for a VERY basic design with only 1 edible layer (8 inches - serves 6) and 2 fake layers. My advice for future brides that are considering the 'fake cake' with 1 edible part for cutting option - Go to etsy.com and buy your fake layers from handmade artisans there! There are people who will customize the fake layers exactly how you want them to look for around $100! Then, make your own top layer! (I asked if I could purchase/make the fake layers on my own and just have Sweetheart Bakery make my edible layer and I was told, 'No, sorry. We don't do that. You have to use our fake cake layers, not your own.' (She didn't say this, but I'm assuming it's because there's not enough profit in it for them.)

3  Thank Karen M
Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

Just returned from trying to purchase a loaf of bread, which I never got, & will never go back!! Very rude "ladies" who work in the bakery and NEVER even made eye contact with me! Terrible customer service. I'm still stunned. What a shame

3  Thank badnan
Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

I would tell people to read the article that's posted on the door of the owners struggles to understand how great this place really is. The woman server sorry forgot her name has been their since day 1 and she truly is one of the nicest people I've ever met. She truly loves her job and it shows.

The food is great something out of the normal which I love!

The only problem as one reviewer stated it is a very small place

1  Thank Victor K
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I went there with others from the office for a retirement party, during noon time. Service took a little longer than expected. Food was good. But the seating was tight. Whenever I had to leave my seat, someone else had to move their chair in order for me to get out or get by.

And they let us bring in our own retirement cake, rather than buy one from them. That was nice of them.

Been to Sweetheart Bakery? Share your experiences!