“Dim Sum Heaven”

Golden Harvest Restaurant
Ranked #111 of 269 Restaurants in Warren
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed June 28, 2014

Great dim sum adventure. Good food and service. Went back for carry out one evening. But, dim sum was wonderful. Loved this place

1  Thank RMCHouston

Reviewed October 10, 2013

I enjoyed a recent relaxing Sunday afternoon dim session here. The staff was attentive, professional and friendly. Decor was somewhat dated (70's style) with a layout in keeping with hosting multiple banquets/parties. However, these characteristics were charming to my eye. The dim sum was decent to good but colder than I would have preferred. Worth a try. Tough to compete with dim sum served in Windsor. Over the years, I have enjoyed delicious dim sum over in Windsor as well as in Toronto, Vancouver and Hong Kong.

1  Thank Chas Y
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Can't get much better the Golden Harvest for authentic Chinese food. If you come on Sunday between the hours of 11:00 am - 1:00 pm you can have a terrific Dim-sum style food. Every 5 minutes server(s) would come around with steaming hot food cart that have just been made with all different kinds of food for you to order. These food carts are full of different dishes that ranges from standard steam pork buns to exotic Chicken feet. For you non-exotic food eaters, you can also order from a regular menu. If you are a foodie than you'll love this place. I can't get enough of it because it is so good. TIP - If you order off the menu ask the server if you can order "crispy shrimp", it is unbelievably tasty to eat with hot steaming rice.

Now a little negative so you won't be shock when you get there. The place isn't the cleanest. The carpet is heavily worn and seating are uncomfortable. Majority of people who frequent there are Chinese people. Apparently some still think they are living in China, they burp out-loud and chew food with their mouth wide open. It can be disgusting at times. It's NOT the restaurants fault but it is the atmosphere in there so I want to warn you in advance. I had no other ways of describing it.. Sorry for that. :-)

3  Thank Adpentinc
Reviewed March 3, 2011

Authentic, real deal chinese food. I have been told the chinese people that come to eat drive over two hours to eat here. A must for me is there salty spicy squid, sizzling shrimp and chicken, and singapore noodle.

2  Thank kuhnhenn
Reviewed October 31, 2010

I went with two chinese coworkers who served as dim sum tour guides. I'd had dim sum before many years ago so had a rough idea what to expect.

Essentially, dim sum is more authentic asian food. The server comes around with a cart with small covered dishes of all sorts of different things. If you're brave, try the tripe & chicken feet. If you're less brave and more squeamish (like me), stick with taro root dumplings, pork and beef dumplings, meat wrapped in rice noodle pasta, dumping with chinese broccoli and leeks, etc. You typically get three things per container so it's good to share. Most containers are 2.50 or so. We just ordered whatever we wanted. It came out to 15 bucks a person and we had leftovers.

I don't know what dinner is like.

It's a new experience and everything was good - even for a picky eater like me.

1  Thank Adrenna