“Mediocre Food and a Tray of Beer in my Lap”
Review of Malone's Tavern

Malone's Tavern
Ranked #3 of 264 Restaurants in Warren
Cuisines: American, Irish
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Since 2002, Malone's Tavern has been fulfilling it's mission of providing great food and excellent service in a fun yet relaxing atmosphere. The word is out about our fabulous homemade meals, ice cold beer, daily specials and friendly service. Malone's Tavern is designed to be a place where people of all walks of life gather, in good spirits, to relax and share the news of the day. You can catch your favorite game, enjoy a delicious meal and have a ice cold beverage. After years of success, Malone's expanded with an open-air, nonsmoking room with an attached outside patio. This addition makes us the perfect gathering place for your family or friends to celebrate events from office parties to wedding rehearsal dinners and everything in between. Stop in at Malone's and become part of the Buzz!!
San Jose, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Mediocre Food and a Tray of Beer in my Lap”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I have eaten here several times and have never been impressed with the food. My boss wanted to have dinner there because it was walking distance from our hotel. So I reluctantly went along. We started by ordering a round of beer for the four of us. The waitress proceeded to dump the entire tray of four pints of beer in my lap. They did at least give me a grungy table cleaning towel to mop up some of the beer. The chicken entree I had was overcooked (dryed out and chewy) and generally not very good. They ended up comping my first beer. That didn't even come close to the cost to dry clean my suit. I won't be back even under duress.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank LV2H

Warren, Michigan, United States
“Friendly Atmosphere and good food.”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

We have been to Malone's 6 times over the past 3 months. Great place. The pizza is super, the burgers great and the meatloaf is a home made specialty. Another gem is the onion soup with thick baked generous cheese, not too salty. They pour a good draft Guiness. The place can get pretty noisey on Fridays after work. The staff is friendly. We were told the place is modeled after the TV show Cheers and gets it's name from the TV star Sam Malone. Overall a great fun place. Check it out when in Warren, Michigan.

2 Thank TomBarnett47
Palm Beach, Florida
“After I first walked in I looked around ...”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

After first walking in I looked around and thought I was in a gay bar ... only women were on the floor or behind the bar ... not the case though, just a bar for regulars in the neighborhood heavily weighted to the male portion of society. Busy at happy hour and food was reasonable ... TV's for sport events and a fireplace ... a nice place for a beer and watching a game.

Visited January 2013
3 Thank Michael T
Clearwater, Florida
“Tasty food”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Bar with decent food. TVs all around -- great place to watch a ballgame! Clean, nice bar and friendly staff.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank JVANNA92
St. Clair Shores, MI
“Pub foods with aplomb”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Welcoming vibe anytime you visit. They do a great lunch business because the food is always fresh, fast and tastes great.

One of my favorite taverns on the eastside.

• Visited September 2012