“Great tom yum soup!!”

Add it.
Thai Smile
Ranked #90 of 269 Restaurants in Warren
Reviewed August 2, 2013

If you enjoy food from Thailand, then you need to stop in Thai smile. It is very authentic and tasty. I had a bowl of ton yum soup, hot and sour soup and drunken noodles. I enjoyed all of the food and will be returning very soon.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

There are a ton of Thai restaurants in the Detroit area. Many offer similar styles of Thai food. I had passed this little seemingly hole in the wall many times on Van Dyke across the street from the G.M. Tech Center and wondered if it was any good.

My wife and I decided to give it a try on the day after the 4th of July, which most companies observed as a holiday. Driving by the place you probably wouldn't want to stop there. As we parked in the small parking lot, which is actually shared by the restaurant and by a little dingy motel out of the 50s, my wife remarked: "Are you sure you want to do this?"

Once inside the door the decor was surprisingly nice and clean. The roof had some obvious water damage but otherwise it was pretty nice. A man with a thick Thai accent was quick to take our drink orders.

There were several specials on a dry erase board and my wife decided to try one that offered both Pad Thai and Cashew Chicken on the same plate. Prices were unbelievably reasonable. Something like $6.25 for the special and $7.95 for the combo which included soup, a spring roll and fried rice.

I went with Pad Thai. Both of our Pad Thai dishes were very good although I ordered mine medium and it was fairly tame. Heat varies depending on the chef on duty. It can even vary widely at the same restaurant depending on who's doing the cooking. But my dish was great. Same for my wife's Pad Thai and Cashew Chicken. The spring rolls were very good. Ditto for the soup and fried rice.

During our visit only two other tables in this small place were occupied but several came by for take-out after phoning in orders. Due to the holiday the G.M. Tech Center across the street was closed. But I suspect when they're working, this place does a brisk lunch business.

We can't wait to hit this little gem next time we're in the neighborhood!