“Lovely Meal at Thai Star!”
Review of Thai Star

Thai Star
Ranked #78 of 269 Restaurants in Warren
Cuisines: Thai
McMinnville, Tennessee
“Lovely Meal at Thai Star!”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

My husband and I went to Thai Star because it was near our motel and on the way there from my dad's apartment. It is a little "hole-in-the-wall" next to an insurance office, I believe, but what a gem.

The atmosphere was cozy and the place was nicely decorated. Our server was very friendly and attentive throughout the meal.

We ordered combinations which come with yummy soup (we had the Tom Yum with chicken) and a crispy egg roll). My husband ordered Ginger Curry (medium) with tofu and I ordered Noodle Curry (medium) with shrimp. Both were very spicy and very delicious. We both received large portions, and left more than satisfied for under $20 total.

When we visit my dad again, we will definitely be back!

• Visited March 2014

“Terrible service!!!”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

The food is fine but the service is terrible every time.
The waitress is terribly rude and you never feel welcome.
As if it was the only thai place to eat on earth!

• Visited January 2014
3 Thank Mayaxela
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Best Thai food I have had outside of Thailand!!”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I cannot say enough about this place and the food. It does not look fancy from the outside, but that is just fine. It is nice and clean inside and the ladies know how to cook excellent food. I had the crab Rangoon, which was very good. I ordered the Thai Star Noodles with pork (see picture) and WOW was it awesome. A spring roll cup of soup came with the meal. The portion I received of the noodles was enough for 2-3 people. All of his food only came to $10.00. Unbelievable!! The two ladies made me feel right at home and the service was great. If you like Thai food, then this place is a must try.

• Visited August 2013
Sterling Heights, Michigan
“Great food big portions”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Best tai food around. Fresh quick and great portions. Dinner items come withsoup and spring roll. Don't forget the photo wall. Really do care about their customers.

• Visited July 2013
“Best Thai Food around!”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Thai Star is the best Thai Food in the area, hands down! I've only ever gotten it as take out but the dining area looks nice and clean. The food is amazing and very authentic. We particularily love the red curry dishes, it's the most flavorful red curry we've ever had, it has a lot of coconut milk flavor in it. Our personal favorite is the Pineapple curry, it has red curry sauce with pineapple and loads of fresh veggies, and you choose the meat you want and the spicy level you want, and it comes with white rice. We like it spicy so we order it Medium plus and it's very spicy but still edible. You can do no spice, mild, mild plus, medium, medium plus, and hot. We also really like the Thai Star noodles, its wide flat rice noodles, and it has loads of veggies and a thin brown sauce, almost winey in flavor, a hint of sweetness, again you choose the meat and heat level. The best part about this place is that they give you a free spring roll and cup of soup with every menu selection. The soup is soooo good, super flavorful and belly warming! The owners are really friendly people and are always very greatful for your business. It's a small place in a little strip of stores and does not have an easy to see sign, but you have to go and look for it! Its right on the corner of 12 and Ryan. The parking is off to the side and you walk along the sidewalk in front of the stores to enter. When we moved to the area a year ago we had to find a good Thai spot- The other Thai places in the area that this one blows away are Spicy Thailand (its ok, but has weird hours and half the menu seems more like Chinese food), Thai Smile (never actually been to it, anticiapted trying it but there is NEVER anyone there which cant be a good sign), and Amarin Thai ( this one is pretty good, but after having Thai Star would only go back to Amarin if I was majorly craving Thai and couldn't get Thai Star for some reason). They are open til 9 pm everyday, except closed on Sundays. Check it out, I promise you won't be disappointed!

1 Thank cookingnanny

Been to Thai Star? Share your experiences!