Red Roof Inn Detroit Warren
  • Pool
La Casa Inn(Hazel Park)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewskeep up the good workroom was cleanawesome staffdetroit warreneasy accessstay there againmusty smelltake caregreat customer servicestephanielesfreewayflooringmoteltargetpetsmichigan
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 14, 2010

Service is always great and with a smile!! Great place for me and my mate to get some peace and quite and watch the game. The only thing that is missing is a flat screen TV...Keep up the great work!!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 4, 2010

I've read that 4- and 5-star hotels always remember your name and make you feel they're happy to see you again. I can't afford the Four Seasons. My budget is more in the Red Roof area. Whenever I visit Detroit (and it's been quite a few times in the last two years), I stay at the Red Roof Warren, which is a good location for getting around town, has great pricing, and helpful staff. If Connie, from Atlanta, is working, I always feel so welcome that I forget I'm not at one of those 4-star places! She is the perfect blend of friendliness and efficiency, with a big old dollop of Southern hospitality on top! I've had the occasion to observe her with other customers, and it's not just me she's nice to. It's everybody!!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed April 2, 2009

This Red Roof is not as nice as some of the recently remodeled ones, but the location is convenient to shopping and restaurants and the appearance is that the property is relatively safe. The front desk staff is quick, efficient and friendly, which is always a plus It is also quite cost effective.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed September 4, 2008

I booked through redrooflovescountry.com after seeing a commericial on CMT for 20% off and it just so happens the rest of our group was staying at the red roof inn for one night before moving on to the raddisson for the rest of the days (bachelor party guys were all staying here, being my husband was going to the bachelor party I am staying as well haha).

Anyways since we had to stay at the red roof inn I figured, I'd book with the 20% off. I called the hotel to check on the all inclusive king room with wi-fi and the gal told me when we checked in to make sure I asked for the log in code that yes we'd have free wi-fi in our 'all inclusive room'.

When we checked in they then told me that we have to pay for teh wi-fi because we already got a discount on our room and their policy is not to give free wi-fi with a discounted room price. Weird, since I had called and nowhere online did it tell me that when I was booking the reservation at 20% off.

Oh well, the cost is only 9.99 for wi-fi for 24hrs so I could get it to keep me busy and I had other things to do anyways. But still...

The rooms are supposed to be newly renovated, but they don't look renovated to me.

There is no hair dryer, just fyi for any ladies wondering.

The toilet runs constantly.

Other than that, check in was easy and really if you just need an inexpensive place to crash then this would be good.

There is a 7-11 close by, a restaurant next door, ponderosa also very next door, a Subway down the street, some pizza places close by. I saw a Target, Big Lots and some other places too.

it took about 15minutes to get to the stadium Comerica to drop hubby off for the start of their guys night out. For anyone wondering about proximity.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed April 15, 2007

my last stay was better. now that there are "do not disturb" signs for the outside of the door. did not have to be woke up by house keeping.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled solo