“Don't judge a book by its cover!!!”

Red Roof Inn Detroit Warren
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Warren
Columbus, Ohio
“Don't judge a book by its cover!!!”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night on Thursday, August 1, 2013. I was in town for an interview on Friday. I had a positive experience. I drove from DC and got there past 11. It doesn't seem like the safest area, so I had a little trepidation at first. I saw a couple of guys hanging out outside of their hotel room and they appeared to be pretty unsavory characters.

They check you in fast and the guy who did so was very polite. I stayed on the lower level in room 156. My room was remodeled and clean. The bed is large and the room comes with a mini-fridge and microwave. Although it wasn't hot outside, the A/C worked fine.

The guy next door spoke to me as I was unloading the rental car. He had his shirt off and was guzzling beers. He also had a lady in the room with him who he suggested had had some run-ins with the law. Although I declined his offer of a beer, he told me that I wouldn't have any problems with them and I didn't. I did not hear a word from their room. Nor did I hear any noise from above, although I can't say that the room was occupied or that the people weren't sleeping. I didn't hear any noise from above the following morning either.

All in all, a very positive experience and, despite the seediness of the area, I would stay there again and most likely will when I come back to town to look for a place: I got the job! HUGE!!!

P.S. The rooms look very much like the one that the picture on this site shows.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Melissa B, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit Warren, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
I am happy to hear that you had a positive experience and enjoyed our newly renovated room. I will share your nice comments with Brian (the GSR that checked you in). We look forward to your return visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Reviewed July 19, 2013

The rooms were clean the staff was very pleasent and helpful to all of my needs especially Connie who works the front desk she is very kind and helpful eveytime I visit the hotel, the housekeeper also cleaned my room daily and refreshedmy towels anything else I needed them to do they did without any complaints I will return to this hotel again I really enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed July 2013
Melissa B, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit Warren, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and took the time to right a review. I will share your comments with Connie and your housekeeper. We look forward to your return visit.
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Recognizing that I need to get into my room fast, Brian the desk clerk broke the speed sound barrier checking me into my room and averted a disaster : ). everything else about this property is pleasant too.
Thanks Brian

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Mitch H
Melissa B, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit Warren, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
I am glad that Brian was able to assess your needs and expedite the check in process.Thank you for sharing your experience.
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Staff was so friendly and helpful.. ...room was good for price......newly remodeled..above average for the price... would stay there again....room did not smell like smoke in fact had to sign that if we smoked in room would have to pay fine....

• Stayed April 2013
Melissa B, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit Warren, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased to hear that you had a positive experience and enjoyed our newly renovated rooms.
Memphis, TN
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel 4+ times a year for the past 2 years. I have never had any problems. The rooms are always clean, plenty of towels and the staff is so friendly and helpful. Connie, the desk clerk always goes above and beyond and is more professional than some of the upscale hotels I have been to. On my recent stay, due to a broken wrist, I needed help with my luggage. Les, the maintenance man took care of it within a minute. When I returned from some light grocery shopping, housekeeping unloaded my bags and put every thing away....without being asked!!! The Red Roof remodling/upgrades are great and should be seen by all who need to stay at a hotel in the Detroit/Warren area. This location is perfect....right off 696, within minutes to I-75 and I-94. I have told friends and family this is where you want to stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for staying with us again during your recent trip. I am happy that we were able to exceed your expectations. I will be sure to share your comments with the staff.
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed April 12, 2013

As always the staff was warm and friendly, but this was my first stay since the rooms were upgraded, and I was very impressed. Everything is new from the ceiling to the hard wood floor. The colors and the sleek design give the feeling of being in a very nice hotel, but at the inn price. The rooms are clean and fresh. I highly recommend this Inn!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for choosing to stay with us again. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms. We look forward to your return visits
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We stayed one night at this hotel and had several disappointments. The first room we were given had a faulty lock and when we went to leave we could not lock the room. Management was very quick to resolve this issue and we were given another room. After moving our belongings to another room we quickly left for the evening and when we returned later that night discovered many small ants on the floor (maybe 40 to 50) crawling around the room. It was too late to complain so we stayed the night in spite of the ants. In the morning we found there was only one large bath towel to shower with even though both my wife and I occupied the room. The free WiFi signal was weak so it was hard to check email. The only redeeming factor was that the staff were friendly and helpful but the room itself was a disappointment.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel.