“Excellant stay!!! Will be back!”

Red Roof Inn Detroit Warren
Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Warren
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel 4+ times a year for the past 2 years. I have never had any problems. The rooms are always clean, plenty of towels and the staff is so friendly and helpful. Connie, the desk clerk always goes above and beyond and is more professional than some of the upscale hotels I have been to. On my recent stay, due to a broken wrist, I needed help with my luggage. Les, the maintenance man took care of it within a minute. When I returned from some light grocery shopping, housekeeping unloaded my bags and put every thing away....without being asked!!! The Red Roof remodling/upgrades are great and should be seen by all who need to stay at a hotel in the Detroit/Warren area. This location is perfect....right off 696, within minutes to I-75 and I-94. I have told friends and family this is where you want to stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Melissa B, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit Warren, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Thank you for staying with us again during your recent trip. I am happy that we were able to exceed your expectations. I will be sure to share your comments with the staff.

There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn Detroit Warren

Reviewed April 12, 2013

As always the staff was warm and friendly, but this was my first stay since the rooms were upgraded, and I was very impressed. Everything is new from the ceiling to the hard wood floor. The colors and the sleek design give the feeling of being in a very nice hotel, but at the inn price. The rooms are clean and fresh. I highly recommend this Inn!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for choosing to stay with us again. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms. We look forward to your return visits

Reviewed March 25, 2013

We stayed one night at this hotel and had several disappointments. The first room we were given had a faulty lock and when we went to leave we could not lock the room. Management was very quick to resolve this issue and we were given another room. After moving our belongings to another room we quickly left for the evening and when we returned later that night discovered many small ants on the floor (maybe 40 to 50) crawling around the room. It was too late to complain so we stayed the night in spite of the ants. In the morning we found there was only one large bath towel to shower with even though both my wife and I occupied the room. The free WiFi signal was weak so it was hard to check email. The only redeeming factor was that the staff were friendly and helpful but the room itself was a disappointment.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Monty W
Melissa B, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit Warren, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

I am sorry that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. I want you to know that we have taken the appropriate measures to address the problems that occurred. I hope that you will give us the opportunity to exceed your expectations in the future.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel every year for a dog show at Cobo, and while they just did upgrades there is more yet to do. My fridge wobbled and had no shelfs, while the staff did look for them. Never found. The toilet in our rooms was very low; BUT the hot water and pressure is great.
I am handicapped and in a wheelchair. We Love most of the staff, Connie is our favorite and she never forgets us from year to year.
They ALL go above normal hotel staff, to make your stay feel welcomed.

The one thing I will say is I wished with the upgrade is you got the breakfast to go. Also the discovery channel shows but no sound.

I stayed at this hotel two times this year once more the weekend after and when I checked in, my room was not done and they came right away to prep it.

I can say hole heartly this hotel is not one to miss.

• Stayed: March 2013
Melissa B, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit Warren, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

We look forward to your return visits every year. I'm sure you will be happy to hear that the microfridge in your room has been replaced with a new one. Thank you for letting us know about the Discovery Channel so that we were able to address that as well. I will tell Connie that she is your favorite and also share your comments withe rest of the staff.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

I have not been happy with my experience at Red Roof Inns in Michigan. They claim to be nonsmoking and when I check in the rooms reek of smoke. I have had the same issue in Kalamazoo. This time I was persuaded to stay in this Red Roof because my friends were staying there. I called central reservations and told them how much I hated the smell of smoke and the issues I had in the past and they assured me they would put a note in my reservation about it. Sure enough, when I arrived exhausted, after a 4 hour drive and a long day my room smelled terribly.... I did not want to change rooms this time because I knew they were full and figured the next room would smell anyway so I requested some spray. A man showed up at my door with some spray, smoking a cigarette!! The next morning I took a shower and the towels even smelled of smoke....which means one of two things...either they did not change the towels after the last guest, ugggghhhh, or their staff members are smoking as they are cleaning.... Neither one was good. When I left for the day....I was staying a second night.... I complained. Connie was very helpful, apologetic, and said the room would be sparkling when I returned. She did a great job. The smoke smell was almost completely gone. She also did not charge me for the first night. I come to town twice a year for a dog show and will absolutely stay there again, but I will make my reservation directly with Connie. She deserves a raise because if not for her, Red Roof would have lost my business for good!! She took a dismal situation and turned it around! Kudos to Connie!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Melissa B, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit Warren, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am sorry to hear that your stay with us started out rough. We are a 100% smoke free Red Roof Inn. I am glad you gave us the opportunity to correct the oder issue you experienced. I will share your comments with Connie. We will look forward to your return visits.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

The Red Roof Inn in Warren exceeded my expectations. The rooms were very clean and newly renovated. The bathroom was spotless, with extra towels and good quality soap. We received a voucher for breakfast at Dunkin Donuts, which was conveniently located. The room was very affordable and we received an extra discount for booking with hotels.com. Overall, I would strongly recommend Red Roof Inn!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for writing a review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay in one of our newly renovated rooms.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

My friend and I came into town for the Elle Goulding concert and were very pleased with our quick check in at the Red Roof since we were excited to get to our event. The commute to main street with all the shops and restaurants was only about 7 minutes. When we came back after the concert we fully appreciated how nice the room looked and how comfortable the beds were. The bathroom had a full bath, and they even remembered an extra towel for the floor after it gets wet from the shower! The only thing, next time I will remember to bring my own hairdryer, since they did not have any of those extra amenities. I will definitely look for a Red Roof Inn the next time I travel!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Melissa B, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit Warren, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Thank you for writing a review. I am glad that you were comfortable in our brand new Serta pillow top bed and enjoyed your stay with us. We do have hairdryers available upon request in the lobby. We are happy to hear that you will continue to use Red Roof Inns in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Warren
Quality Inn And Suites Detroit Warren Tech Center
Hampton Inn Detroit / Madison Heights / South Troy
Red Roof Inn Detroit Madison Heights
A Victory Suites
A Victory Suites
#13 of 18 in Warren
Baymont Inn & Suites Warren MI
Candlewood Suites Detroit - Troy

Been to Red Roof Inn Detroit Warren? Share your experiences!