“NEVER AGAIN”

Ranked #17 of 18 Hotels in Warren
Roseville, Michigan, United States
“NEVER AGAIN”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I will start with this, I was very dissatisfied with my stay at this hotel, I can tell you I won't be back. We will start out with the check in...the woman could hardly speak English. Several of us booked our rooms and requested to be next each other, that didn't happen. We were supposed to have a refrigerator and microwave, I had to go to the desk and inquire about them. They did bring a refrigerator, but said we would have to use the microwave in the lobby. Our room had a musty odor, we were given three small towels and two wash cloths, no hand towels, no towel for the floor in the bathroom, the shower curtain was torn, the toilet rocked every time we sat on it as it was not bolted down to the floor. The electric outlets did not work at the sink, so therefore the blow dryer did not work. The floors were just spot vacuumed. The mattress was so flimsy that my husband and I both woke up with sore backs. Do you want more? The pool was locked with a chain and lock and was not opened the whole time we were there. The so called continental breakfast...that was a joke. A dozen donuts for a hotel. No cereal, no breads, no toaster.

I don't know where the pictures came from that are posted on the web site, but it is very misleading. I recommended this hotel to friends from Canada and Ohio based on the web site, how disappointing, and quite frankly embarrassing. I will NEVER stay at this hotel again, nor will I recommend this hotel to anybody, and I will be honest and say that I will tell people not to come there.

Room Tip: Don't stay here...there are three other hotels withing a half mile of here.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Misty H

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Reviewed May 24, 2012 via mobile

I had a room for a week. It was filthy, they never came to clean the room, the tv was antique with a poor image, they brought a fridge two days later, I even had to buy my own toilet paper since they never came to clean the room. The only good thing I can say about this motel is the receptionist, he was a nice and friendly guy.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Sudist
Novi, Michigan
Reviewed May 8, 2012

For the price, we were very pleased with our stay. The hotel was clean, the staff very friendly and helpful. Our room was nice. To answer everyone’s question as to why no appliances were in the room, they clearly state microwaves, mini fridge etc...are upon request. Breakfast was not large, but provided everything for a decent morning meal. You can’t beat it for what you pay for, I would definitely stay again!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 5, 2011

I could not wait to get home, to leave a reveiw. I left 1am, did not stay the full night. No microwave in my room, no iron in my room. I asked the persn in the office obout breakfest, just a biscuit and a fruit. 2 holes in my comforter. And what made me leave so early to top it off, I was laying in bed,and was itching my arm horrablly, looked at my arm closely and it looked like a small scab, but it began to move, I looked closer, it was a freakng CRAB!! I panic

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank debo5
philadelphia
Reviewed April 7, 2009

I would avoid this hotel. They provided us wtih 4 tiny towels as bath towels. The TV didn't have a remote. It had an ironing board but no iron. It was suppose to come with a mini-fridge and a hair dryer. They had neither. When I asked for these items they told me they didn't have them. The smoke detector was haning by wires from the ceiling. Some of the outlets didn't work and some of the lights didn't work either. The rooms were very dated and the staff were not friendy. I would avoid this hotel when going in the Warren, MI

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank Rob S
jimnam, Manager at America's Best Inn - Warren / Detroit, responded to this review, January 18, 2011
We apologize for the issues your stay. Since the time of your visit, we have made many improvements to our hotel. We hope you will give us another try the next time you are in town. Thank you for your input.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warren
Americas Best Value Inn
Hampton Inn Detroit / Madison Heights / South Troy
Quality Inn And Suites Detroit Warren Tech Center
Baymont Inn & Suites Warren MI
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Detroit Warren

Been to America's Best Inn - Warren / Detroit? Share your experiences!