“Fast Food Chicken”

Ranked #28 of 264 Restaurants in Warren
Dearborn Heights, Michigan
“Fast Food Chicken”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Sometimes when I go to the assisted living place to visit an old old friend I will pick her up dinner from Chicken Shack because it is on the way to the HOME! She loves loves loves the cole slaw so I usually buy her a large cole slaw and just 2 pieces of chicken.

The restaurant is a fast food chicken place, but it does have ribs and pork chops as well. One of these days I will order pork chops because she loves them, but I think the price for the pork chops is a little much. Went here yesterday and called beforehand and when I got there I drove up to the window and the food was ready. No complaints from my old old friend, so I guess the food is decent. And, I will go back for my friend to eat different food than what the home gives her! The inside is just meh!

• Visited November 2013

Monroe, Michigan
“Good lunch”
Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in while in the area. Tried another location and was really good so I thought I would try this location and it was really good. I have only tried the English Cod dinner but it is always good. See the picture I have added.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Really good broasted chicken and potatoes.”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

This is a fast food setup with indoor seating. The chicken is broasted and the potatoes are broasted and then fried, just in case you were wondering. I asked when I was finished eating my meal because I was curious as well. I read about this place on Trip Advisor during my search for fried chicken. I ordered two white meat breasts, potatoes, dinner roll and a large drink. The total bill was around $11.00. The breading on the chicken was cooked perfectly and tasted very good. The meat inside was cooked perfectly, juicy and tasted awesome. The potatoes had a somewhat crunchy outside with a softer inside and also tasted yummy. I was in the mood for some tasty fried chicken this day, but instead ate some very yummy broasted chicken. No complaints here. Their menu has a lot more items to offer so I guess I will just have to go back someday and try some more. I spotted what appears to be a catering trailer outside as well. Several people were coming in and picking up large order that they had phoned in earlier.

• Visited September 2013
“Must Try!”
Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

I rode with my husband in his Semi from Tennessee to Warren Michigan just to eat here it's the best potatoes I've even had...not to mention the chicken ...it's worth the 9 hr ride

• Visited May 2013
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Above average fried chicken”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I'm not sure if they pressure fry or simply deep fry their chicken, but they do a great job of getting the meat hot and juicy without overcooking the breading. That feature alone puts Chicken Shack ahead of several other fried chicken chains in my book.

You should know that the breading is not heavily seasoned (my dining companions added hot sauce). The broasted potatoes were a pleasant change from french fries, and were smothered in butter. The cole slaw was finely minced and sweet, the way I like it.

Bottom line: I'll gladly return when I'm in the mood for fried chicken.

• Visited December 2012