“Awful, I will never stay at this hotel again. Too many problems.”
Review of A Victory Suites

A Victory Suites
Ranked #14 of 18 Hotels in Warren
Glenwood Springs
“Awful, I will never stay at this hotel again. Too many problems.”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I called the hotel a week before my stay to make sure they would have a crib. First I was told they don't have cribs. Then the lady told me she would find out for sure and call me back in five minutes. I never received a call back. After flying all day and driving from the airport I arrived and the room was super hot. I turned the ac on and it took a full day to cool the room down. The ac should have been on in the middle of July. The jacuzzi suite we stayed in was dirty and smelled bad. The shower curtain had mold or mildew on it and stunk up the entire room. When I asked the desk about getting a clean shower curtain the lady rolled her eyes at me and acted like it was a huge inconvenience. I told her I would put it in and her only response was she wanted the old one back. She acted like I was trying to steal the stinking shower curtain. No shampoo and very few towels in a room with a jacuzzi. I went to the desk and asked for more towels and again was treated like I was trying to steal them. After tipping the desk clerk and promising not to take them with me, I did receive more towels. I got ready to put my one year old baby in the bath and realized all along the area when the tile for the tub meets the capet was worn thin and there were very sharp carpet nails sticking up through the carpet. It made me sick to think of how many people had already poked their feet on these tacks. I asked the desk to please make sure our room was cleaned and was told that isn't our job, "talk to houskeeping" When I explained I already tried to talk to housekeeping and they don't speak any English, the desk assured me they would take care of it. Our room did not receive any housekeeping that day. I left two shirts and a pair of shorts with the desk and paid to have them washed. When I got them back they had bleached everything and totally destroyed one shirt. When I went to the desk they told me I would need to speak to the manager and he would be there at 9:00 am the next morning. I went to the desk at 9:20 Am the folowing morning and they told me he doesn't usually get there until after 10:00 am. I went back at 10:20 and the manager said he didn't know what happened, but he would "get to the bottom of it." I went back to my room and waited for 30 minutes and received no word from the manager. I returned to the desk and told them we were checking out. It was before check out time and the lady told me there was a fee for early departure. I made the reservation directlly through the hotel, no package, no deal. I told her we would not pay any other fee and she reluctantly said, I guess we can waive the fee. Give me a break! The the manager came out from around the corner where he was hiding and said, "I took one night off your stay for the damaged clothes." He failed to call and inform me of this. When asked if I needed a receipt, I said yes and again was met with eye rolling. The receipt was wrong and showed I still owed them two more nights after I checked out. I pointed this out and the manager finally took care of it and made it right. I will never stay at this hotel again. Overall just a very bad experience.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank 6LazyK

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
ANN ARBOR
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We stayed at the motel for two nights. We had a problem with the bathroom and the attendant came to our room within two minutes and offered us another one down the hall.
The carpets especially near the elevators need to be cleaned as well as the tile floor and the tiles in the elevators were cracked.
The breakfast didn't include any hot food nor any fruit.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank SUSAN J

Travelers are raving about these Warren hotels

Wyoming, Michigan
Reviewed June 24, 2012

I Book through the choice hotel website and came to the place based on location to the Detroit zoo and other thing we wanted to see north of Detroit. I used to live Detroit metro area 5 year prior so I drove past the place before but never stayed there . When we arrived on the weekend there were a bunch of local or traveler people drinking in the parking lot by their car bad omen one. When I walk into the hotel no a/c in lobby or hallway bad omen two, card key for the room did not work. I walk into my room being I traveling with my family of 4 and I don’t think know what clean is. The toilet had floating terd and sticky stuff all over desk so you know it was not cleaned very well in this room. It been my experience that hotel run by Arabs, Indian people are the worst and this just conform this being that I travel most of the year and spend more day in hotel that my own bed at home. All Pakistani run hotel I stay in are run very will so far . I will never pay to say here again and this hotel should not be apart of Choice system it does not meet basic standard for this hotel chain .

Good
1. Outside of the building look nice and parking lot is well keep up..
2. Staff was nice
Bad
1. No a/c in lobby/hallway
2. No a/c unit running in room apon arrival
3. Dirty carpet in hallway
4. Poorly clean and keep room
5. Elevator door and button pannel painted gold and look like crap
6. Breakfast had stale old bread , only good thing was cold cereal

Room Tip: Dont say there
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Brent g
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 18, 2012

The hotel itself is great-located just a few minutes fromj downtown Royal Oak. Couldn't have asked for a better location. My room wasn't ready at check in which was a little frusterating-housekeeper was great though-she apologized and when the room was ready she opened the door for me, turned on the lights for me, and then helped me get my luggage in. She was awesome! Breakfast was a bit cold-other than that, I can't complain! I'll be staying here again when I visit Royal Oak next!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank JasonFawaz
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Booked this hotel through my choice hotels account. The room was not very clean at all. The pillows were the size of a couch throw pillow. The front desk help wore sweat pants and talked to another employee that came to pick up his check while we were checking in and basicly ignored me unless I actually said something! Forget swimming in the so-called pool. I actually booked for a rollaway bed but they never said anything about it and I was so unimpressed with the dirtiness of this place I was scared to ask for one for fear of what it would be like!! Stay at your own risk but I think for 100.00 you could do better.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Michigantraveler76
Pete S, General Manager at A Victory Suites, responded to this review, June 17, 2012
Greetings,
Thank you for your comments about the Comfort Suites in Warren. The Company I work for recently acquired the property and all the guest insight is really helpful as we make improvements on the property. Professionalism is one of our first concerns and sorry to hear about how you were treated by the guest service staff.
As we make improvements we do invite you to check back with us comment again if there is anything we can help you with. Again I thank you for your comments and will see to it that these matters are resolved.
Grand Haven, Michigan
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Firstly, there were about 7-10 flies that we swatted within walking into our room to unpack...the room was hotter than a sweat box, the fridge was not on, so the beer and snacks we brought in for later that night had to wait in a hot box...there are no places close enough to go to dinner that were accessible, given the assinine location, the smoke detector was hanging from the ceiling in a plastic bag-I was sure it was going to fall on us during the night...there were a pack of high school kids roaming the halls after prom making ALL sorts of noise/drinking/screaming...etc...(we are both only 25, and we like to have a good time, but this was just insane to us)...the guy at the desk looked like he was from Jersey Shore and did not take our concerns serisously. When we addressed the issue the next morning he said, and I quote "Sorry dude, but its...whatever". I called the 1800# he gave me to complain, and they did nothing. I was so angry because we stayed at a Comfort Suites in Mackinaw City and it was great...and the staff was awesome. NOT ONLY is this place a [--] hole...but the staff is crap, there are bugs, and it is in the worst location EVER. NEVER NEVER NEVER stay here....its terrible. Dear GOD don't stay here. I rated it terrible because there was nothing lower.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank amandawest44
Eric V, Manager at A Victory Suites, responded to this review, June 9, 2012
Greetings,
I would like to thank you for your comments regarding the Comfort Suites in Warren. My company was recently appointed as the new management company for this location. We are making improvements currently to the existing property that will, in no doubt, improve future guest stays. In the coming days our goal is to increase the complete guest experience with emphasis on cleanliness and responsiveness to guest needs.
Without guests, such as yourself, our business would not flourish and as I have stated earlier we have begun the process to improve the hotel. Hopefully in the near future you will give the Comfort Suites in Warren another chance once we have finished our improvements.
tacoma
Reviewed January 2, 2012

I signed up for this site just so i could write a review about my stay. I saw the reviews before my reservation, and it helped when i called and booked my room.
First, the pictures are outdated, or old...the hotel looks much nicer now, the room we had was very clean and comfortable.
Second, the first thing i looked for was bugs of any kind, Not one insect. The room was very clean.
The staff is very helpful and accomodating, and the breakfast was beyond my expectations. Thank you for a great stay, we will deffinatly be back!

Room Tip: No flat screen tv's yet, but im told they are next on the list.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank mrs m
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warren
Quality Inn And Suites Detroit Warren Tech Center
Hampton Inn Detroit / Madison Heights / South Troy
Baymont Inn & Suites Warren MI
TownePlace Suites Detroit Warren
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Detroit Warren
Candlewood Suites Detroit - Troy

Been to A Victory Suites? Share your experiences!